• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Upcoming Podcast # 150....

Started by Rico, October 30, 2007, 05:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Rico

About a week to go for these folks.  Just a little friendly reminder.

Jen

Rico, you let us know what format you needed but not the scale. My authoring file was ginormous (10 GB). So I had to compress it to CD-ROM quality (full resolution) 320 X 240 (now 10 MB). Is that going to be acceptable? I realize you still would need to put them all together and export it for iPod and other small video display devices, but I just wasn't sure what you wanted to start with as far as the scale is concerned.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

320 x 240 is fine Jen.  I think I'm going to try and setup a spot on my web site server so you can all upload your files directly there.  Might be easier than email.  Let me work on that and I'll post back here with the info.

Jen

Coo, thanks Rico.
I use a upload site called yousendit.com. It's free and it works very well. If you don't get the spot set up, I can send it that way. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I still haven't shot mine :( I hope to do it this weekend.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm working on it till the end of the weekend.  I've finally got a good idea.  Hopefully its not too....whats the word "epic" for you Rico  :metallica:  :laugh:  This is my FIRST video though so it might be a bit bugged, but as I'm every adapt at working computer stuff it shouldn't be too bad. 

<<Also downloading new mods for WOW, they all got buggered from 2.3, which btw, is the best patch EVAR>> LOL

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

Oops...just realized my original clip is going to be over 3 mins long.....might need to change that before I finish it.  ;)

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

davekill

Thought I'd join the fun and put a quick clip together too. :)
mpeg2 is not a problem - but don't people use flv files nowadays instead?
They are pretty popular on youtube and might be smaller than mpeg.
Either way, I'll submit one this weekend.

Rico

The type of file I can use is a little broader now.  Mpeg 2 is great or Mpeg 4, or .wmv or even .mov.  Just try not to compress them hugely before you upload them.  Because I will be editing them into the overall show and compressing it all down at once.

Also, the earlier you get these to me the better.  By about noon on Friday, 11/23 at the latest - please.

Thanks again.  This is going to really be fun to put all together.  I did some work yesterday on a couple sections for the show.  Very excited for all of you to see them.

Geekyfanboy

Well I uploaded an .mp4 of my video.. I started to upload an uncompressed .mov but it was almost 1gig and was going to take six hours to upload.. so instead I'm making a compressed .mov and will upload that. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

davekill

Depending on how this video cast goes, will you start a short clips section in the forums?

Or is YouTube better for that sort of thing?

moyer777

OK, Nathan and I got our video done and uploaded.  Hehehe.

Should be fun. Let us know if it works ok.

We saved it so we could do a different format if need be.

:boxing

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com