News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Strike Over — List of Shows Returning

Started by Geekyfanboy, February 12, 2008, 09:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Strike Over — List of Shows Returning

Now that the writer's strike is over and it is likely members of the Guild will approve the new 3-year contract agreement, scribes and producers are forced to look at what will be chosen to return to their respective networks for a continuation of their series.

We have the inside scoop on which SF/genre-related programming will be coming back to each network. Here is the list of shows returning to the 5 networks either this Summer or in the Fall.

ABC

Lost
Pushing Daisies
Samantha Who!
Eli Stone - (no official word yet on its future on ABC)

CBS

Ghost Whisperer
Moonlight
The Big Bang Theory

CW

Reaper
Smallville
Supernatural

Fox

New Amsterdam (has yet to premiere on the network)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (on the ropes but not out yet - a full decision on the show's future is forthcoming from the network)

NBC

Chuck
Heroes
Medium

Life - not SF but very fine television viewing

The Bionic Woman will not be returning to NBC and Journeyman will not be picked up by the peacock network for another 13 episodes. Keep sending in those letters, Rice O' Roni and emails. NBC owns The USA Network and The SCI FI Channel, so the show may be on the mat, but the count of 10 has not yet been reached.

If your favorite genre-related show is not on the above list, fret not. This is the list of shows that the networks have already given the go light for. Others are still under consideration and when their fate has been decided an announcement will be made. Stay tuned.

Darth Gaos

Phew....glad to see that Moonlight is making a return.

Also very much looking forward to the new series "New Amsterdam"
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Rico

Quote from: Darth Gaos on February 12, 2008, 01:06:36 PM
Phew....glad to see that Moonlight is making a return.

Also very much looking forward to the new series "New Amsterdam"

I agree.  "Moonlight" is a great show.  Quickly became a new favorite of mine.  Glad to see things getting back to "normal."