• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Off To The Texas Renniasance Festival

Started by Jen, October 11, 2007, 07:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I'll post more later...
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

PepperDude

Cool pix Jen. They make me want to go to a similar festival that takes place around here in CA. . .I think. I have to ask my friend about it.

jedijeff

Looks like you had a fun time, and very cool pictures. It must be a lot of fun to dress up in costume for a whole weekend.

Jen

It really was a blast. I highly recommend that you go if you've been thinking about attending a Renfest. VERY FUN. Especially if you enjoy history.

It's funny, people kept asking me if my ears were real! One person (a Renfest shop owner) sided up to me while I was shopping for a long bow in his store (I'm ordering oneā€”ever since I've been playing Oblivion I've wanted to learn to shoot a bow for real). Any way, the store owner got a little too close to me...he kept leaning in towards the side of my face, so I nonchalantly backed away and put Dave between us. The guy managed to get close again but this time asked, "excuse me ma'am...I hate to be 'blunt'...but are those real?" I was dumbfounded. "What?" I asked..."Your ears," he said. Dave said I should have told them they were and that it wasn't polite to stare.

There were several elves walking around Renfest, but they put their ears on straight out of the package. I painted detail on mine to make them match my skin. Guess it worked.

Dave said he watched a lady gawk at me as I walked by her...He said her mouth actually dropped open. He complained that he didn't have the video camera on at the time. I was a little disappointed that they were more excited about my ears than my costume. My aunt and I spent a lot of time on that outfit.  :D
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

Yep. They have a very large Jousting arena. I missed it this year but its still there.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast