• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 4 - Family Matters

Started by Jen, September 28, 2007, 07:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

Tain stretched out on his bed, wide awake. He found himself contemplating the last few days. He was still getting used to the fact that he had his own quarters. It was definitely a nice perk, but different. He had spent the last few days getting used to the Tiberius and it's crew. From what he saw so far, it looked to be a well run ship. Maybe he had just had bad luck over his career, and been assigned ships with idiot officers. Time would tell though, as Tain new well and good, there are idiots everywhere.

Some of his sleeplessness came from the irritation he felt after reading an article from someone named Zoen Vearne. The article was full of a lot of innuendos and misunderstandings about "peace". Tain new from long years in the Fleet, that peace was only attainable from a position of strength. It was crazy to think that the Federation could ever have existed without it's ships having weapons. Tain had seen too many of his friends and comrades killed, and he truly believed that they had died for a reason. Strength begets peace, and without strength, you are nothing but a victim.

Tain got off of his bed in disgust. There was no way he would be getting any sleep for now. He decided it was high time he checked out Five Forward. He had avoided the lounge for the time being, as trouble seemed to find him in spots like that. Tain decided that it was silly to avoid it any longer. Tain firmly believed that those days of trouble were long behind him.

Tain entered the lounge, ordered Saurian Whiskey, and found a seat with a good view.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Remor woke from his nap with a start. He had been dreaming of the year he spent on Bajor just before he was recalled to work with the Romulans. It still bothered him, having to kill another Cardassian agent. Cardassians don't usually kill their own so flippantly, and killing a loyal Order operative had seemed absurd--too brutal somehow. But if the Order needed a Legate's daughter dead, it probably had good reason. At least that's what he thought at the time, standing over the poisoned corpse of Iliana Ghemor. When he inevitably found out the whole story, he was disappointed. The Obsidian Order was matched only by Section 31 in covert ops and information gathering; both organizations worked with scalpels, so to speak. To use such blunt tactics was sloppy and unprofessional.

Shaking off these worries and bad memories, Remor decided to change his clothes. The gray tunic so typical of Vulcans was wrinkled from his nap and had begun to feel stale. He sorted through his duffel, hanging up clothes in the closet as necessary. Blue, he thought. Vulcans always look strapping in blue, even if they can't appreciate it. He slipped out of the gray tunic and into the cobalt-blue suit he had bought from a Ferengi tailor on Bolarus IX. Much better.

After leaving his quarters, he walked the seemingly endless corridors of the ship, getting a feel for its geography. He would, of course, have to explore the restricted areas later, but for now this would do.

On his stroll, he came upon the door marked "5 Forward." A good a time as any to observe the crew, he thought. Just as he was about to step through the door, a Klingon and a redheaded human female barged past laughing on their way out. Something struck him as odd about the human, but he couldn't place a finger on it. He would have to give it some thought, but it might be nothing. Still, there was something familiar about her.

Remor took a seat at the bar, and a confident looking Bolian strode up. "Hey! My man from Vulcan!" he said, slapping a hand on Remor's shoulder, probably trying to elicit a supposedly nonexistent emotional response. "Don't get many Vulcans sitting at the bar. What can I get you?"?

"Vulcan port," Remor said in his practiced Vulcan cool. "Thank you."

"Sure,"? said the barman, ducking behind the counter for a bottle and glass. "Nice suit, by the way. Really highlights your ears."

"Then you might be interested to know that I purchased it from a Ferengi on your home world," said Remor, evenly, ignoring the racial slur.

"Figures,"? said the barman, setting the glass of port in front of Remor. "Probably was the only one of its kind in the sector. What Bolian would need more blue?"?

"That is true."

"The name's Brex, by the way."

Bryancd

K'arath finished some last m adjustments to the newly modified fusion recators as per Lt. James modifcations. All seemed staisfactory and he looked forward to seeing the results once they were underway. He decided he needed to take a break before departure and headed up to 5 Forward.
As he entered the lounge he saw...well, heard over the din of noise, Ensign Iblis. He was at the bar with his new bride, a Lt. Brandt whom K'arath had met upon thier return from shore leave, and a Vulcan woman he didn't recognize. Brex was sharing a good laugh with the newly weds. K'arath walked over to join them.

"Q'pla!" he bellowed and slapped Iblis on the shoulder, nearly knocking the fellow Klingon off his feet. Brex laughed harder and the Vulcan woman looked even more uncomfortable.

moyer777

Margon walked through the door of five forward.  Laughter and noise was coming from the bar.  It seemed that every head turned and looked at the counselor. 

Just like a scene from the ancient West the patrons moved quickly from the bar as Margon approached leaving Brex staring at his father.  It was rare for Klingon's to be intimidated, but they anticipated an "emotional" response that none of them wanted to hear was coming.

Margon took a data pad out of his vest pocket and placed it on the bar.

"Take it son"  he said softly looking at Brex.

Brex frowned and then rubbed his ridge.  "Counselor, don't you have other things you could be doing, why come in and sour the mood?"

Margon pushed the pad toward Brex.  "I need your help son, just read it and let me know what you think.  I am willing, but I will need your help"

Brex laughed nervously and then quickly put the pad in his pocket.  "You want a drink?" he said musingly.

"Why yes son, I would-  Root Beer with ice."  he said.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

Sevryll unpacked her belongings before activating "Dennis", the hologram that David had programmed to watch and protect their children while she worked. The tall, stout replica of her husband appeared in an instant. "Hi-ya!" He said cheerfully as he towered over her. He watched as her eyes moved to the top of his head—his blond hair looked as though he had been sleeping prior to his activation. "Oh!" He said with an embarrassed chuckle, then proceeded to run his fingers through the mess to brush it out. She watched as he then rubbed the sleep from his blue eyes, and smoothed his black jumpsuit.

"I want you to change your appearance." She said after he finished his hurried grooming. "You can do that, can you not?" She asked. Her meeting with Aria had prompted her to request this of the holographic duplicate of her husband.

Dennis blinked in confusion, "yes, I can—I've been programmed to blend into any crowd. No self-respecting Section 31 geek would leave that capability out of their programming." He smiled as the children chased each other around the room, using his legs as a barrier.

"Please alter your default appearance. I do not want you to look like my husband," she said as she put her bag away in the alcove within her bedroom.

Dennis raised his eyebrows and called out from the living space, in the center of her quarters, "Uh, sure. Okay...Why?"

The Vulcan reentered the area where Dennis stood dumbfounded, and replied "there is only one David Lock, and I do not wish the children to be confused by your resemblance to him."

"Yessss, but David wanted the children to remember what he looks like... If I change my default appearance, I will not be implementing all of his objectives for me."

"We have holovids and holophotos to remind ourselves of him." She moved back into her room and closed the door. Dennis walked over to a chair, in the center living space, and plopped down in it. As she changed in the other room, she suggested alternate forms he could take—a sehlat was one of her suggestions. He rolled his eyes at the thought.

"I want to be able to move about the ship at some point—wouldn't it be conspicuous for a sehlat to saunter into Five Forward and order a drink?" He laughed at his own joke and put his feet up on the table.

Sevryll came back into the room as she finished putting her hair up. "You cannot leave my quarters anyway," she replied as she pushed his feet off the table then straightened her uniform jacket.

Dennis frowned, folded his hands in his lap, and began twirling his thumbs in frustration. "I checked the ship's computer and found that they plan to  install holo-emitters all over the Tiberius. There's another hologram on board—I want the freedom they have."

"Your existence was a detail Section 31 conveniently forgot to relay to the Captain. He will not be happy to know that you are present on this vessel, and I have not yet found the proper way to inform him of the fact." Sevryll sighed quietly, "there are several things I must tell him, and you are at the bottom of the list."
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Isaac was amused at the din of noise in Five Forward.  Although he wasn't much for company, after the recent events, he felt he needed the noise.  He had watched as unnamed faces and Enoch with his new bride had come in.  Then he noticed the a new Vulcan face.  'He must be a passenger because I would have been aware of a new Vulcan crewmate'.  His attempts at gaining the Vulcan's mood were typically useless.Yet, something about this Vulcan concerned him.  He wasn't sure what yet.  Perhaps it was just his mind picking up some ensign somewhere about to do something stupid.

But then he sighed...he was still alone.  He still didn't consider anyone a true friend.  Anyone he knew was just merely another recognized face in the crowd of the ship.  He started to feel a little depressed at the idea. 

At that point, his two Sugar Gliders decided they wanted in on the action and they sprang out of his pocket.  "Uh-oh"

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Well into his third glass of port, Remor looked down the bar at the other Bolian, Margon, the ship's counselor, sipping a root beer. The barman seemed to be consciously avoiding him. Family, maybe, Remor thought. He had memorized the crew roster, including family affiliations and known associates, before coming aboard, but this Brex character was the only anomaly so far--besides, of course, for the redhead.

"So what brings you to the Tiberius?"? Brex asked, polishing a glass with a rag.

"I have come to witness the Unification," Remor said.

"I didn't expect such sentimentality from a Vulcan."

"On the contrary," said Remor, "it should be quite fascinating. I am a poet, so observing people and events is necessary for my work."

"So you're here to write an epic poem about the historic joining of the Romulan and Vulcan peoples?"? Brex grabbed another glass and began to polish. "I thought poetry required emotional content."

"And you would be correct. The tempering of one's emotions can take many forms. Some Vulcans choose to meditate, others solve puzzles, and still others choose physical activity. I explore my hidden emotions through my poetry."

Before the conversation got too deep, though, a commotion rose from another part of the lounge. An odd looking but strikingly handsome human male had begun running between the tables, grasping for something neither Remor nor the barman could see.

"Looks like Isaac's finally lost it,"? Brex said, shaking his blue head.

"Lost what," Remor asked fatuously in a naive Vulcan tone.

"His mind."

And then Remor spotted something crawling up the pants leg of a female Vulcan. It appeared to be some sort of rodent. The woman calmly gripped the animal by the back of its neck and held it up, examining it curiously. Examining the Vulcan, he recognized her as Sareth, mother of the ship's first officer, Cmdr. Sevryll. Interesting, he thought, that one of the Unification's leaders is Sevryll's father. Looks like it'll be a family affair.

"I believe he lost more than just his mind,"? Remor said.

"Hey!" Brex shouted over the din, grabbing Isaac's attention as he returned the rodent to his pocket. "You can't bring those in here! It's not sanitary!"

And then, suddenly--maybe because of all the commotion about rats--Remor remembered who the redhead was. If his memory was correct, which it most certainly was, then he had more to worry about than rodents and telepaths on the ship. He would have to have a word with this Lt. Brandt, if that's what she was still calling herself.

Remor quickly but politely excused himself, got up from his barstool, and returned to his quarters. He was going to need the Vulcan's old uniform for this next part.

Geekyfanboy

Quinn and Took just made it Terminal 12 Delta to catch the transport back to the Tiberius. Quinn noticed several familiar faces and politely nodded. As First Officer he was one of them, he could mingle with his fellow crewmen, but now that he was Captain protocol called for him to distance himself from his crew. They had to respect him as their Captain, but wouldn't they respect him more if he were their friend.  This was a constant battle going on in Quinn's mind. When he started his career in Starfleet he was a counselor, he enjoyed being a people person, and now that he is in command of his very own Starship it's tough for him not to be that same people person. "To hell with protocol" Quinn mumbled under his breath. Took looked over at him "What was that Nath... I mean Captain." Took looked around as his face went red.  Quinn smiled and shook his head "Just thinking out loud." Quinn turned to the people in the shuttle craft, "So how was everyone's shore leave?" The shuttle lifted off and we headed back to the Tiberius.

Ten minutes later Quinn and Took exited the turbolift and made their way down the hall to Took's quarters. As Nicholas entered Quinn stood in the doorway. Nick turned back to Nathan. "Sir I just wanted to thank you again for making this a very relaxing shore leave. You're family was great and it was very nice getting to know you better." Quinn smiled, I'm glad you enjoyed your shore leave, my family can be a bit overwhelming at times But I think everyone had fun." Took smile "So I guess I'll see you around" Took shook his head and mumbled under his breath, "what a stupid thing to say... of course I'll see him around he's my Captain." Quinn laughed and started to walk out the door when he stopped and turned around. "How would you feel about having breakfast tomorrow 700 hours."  Took looked surprise but pleased "Sounds good". Quinn exited the room and the door shut behind him. He made his way to the turbolift. There was a lot to do before we headed out.

Rico

Admiral Talbot moved his rook of the Tri-dimensional chess board in front of him up one level.  Across from Talbot, in the quarters he had been assigned aboard the Tiberius, sat his Marine guard, Lieutenant Colonel Khev.
    "Hmm.  Interesting move Admiral.  I had the chance to play chess quite often growing up on Vulcan and even thought I had gotten pretty good.  But I can see I have let my skills get rusty."  The disguised Section 31 agent said to the Admiral.  He could tell the Admiral was toying with him.  He knew the game well enough to know when he was beat.
    "Chess is game of almost infinite possibilities Colonel.  So don't count yourself out just yet.  I thought it might be good to get to know each other a bit better over a game.  You can learn a lot about a person by seeing how they play chess.  Do they play aggressively or do they wait and watch how the other player plays the game?  Are they willing to sacrifice a piece or two for a final goal of winning the game?  Not only does it help you learn how they form strategies in the game, but perhaps in their lives as well."  Talbot said to the young Romulan across the board from him.  Khev moved a bishop in an attempt to counter the Admiral's rook move.
    "Well, all that from a game of chess.  Why do I have the feeling that you are just toying with me Admiral?"  The agent said as he stared into the Admiral's keen eyes.
    "Not at all Colonel.  But I am curious as to why Starfleet felt it was necessary to assign a personal guard to me.  I've always been quite capable of taking care of myself.  This isn't the 'mirror universe' you know.  It's not like someone's about to assassinate me or something to jump up the rank totem pole.  Isn't that right Colonel Khev?"  Admiral Talbot said.  Even though he knew that Admiral Talbot has little telepathic ability, the agent almost thought he felt a slight weak probe trying to enter his thoughts.  As an agent of Section 31, he had been well trained in guarding his surface thoughts from such probes.  He wasn't even sure it was a probe.  More just a feeling washing across him from the intense gaze of Admiral Talbot as he made a quick move on the board in front of them.
    "Admiral, you and I both know that you are a valuable Starfleet asset.  And my superiors felt it best to give you some more protection.  That way you will be free to focus on the business at hand, sir."  The undercover agent said as he again attempted to counter Talbot's move by placing his own queen on the board in danger.
    "Ahh, Colonel Khev I can see you are willing to put the needs of the many above the few or the one queen in your case.  However, sometimes that isn't quite enough to detract someone from their goal.  Check."  Talbot said as he ignored the queen and instead moved a knight to a new level putting his opponent's king into check.
    "Well, I do believe the needs of the many do outweigh the needs of the one.  Everyone has to make sacrifices Admiral."  The agent said as he moved his queen down in a last attempt to stop the Admiral's gambit on the board.
    "Oh, I don't disagree Colonel.  However, I do think that's a sacrifice I'm not always willing to make.  Check and mate, Colonel Khev."  Admiral Talbot said as he moved a small pawn, blocking any chance for his opponent's king to escape.
    "Well, I didn't even see that pawn on the side level.  I can see even the weakest pieces can be a threat at times.  A lesson there Admiral."  He said to Talbot with a grin.  He had to admire how easily the Admiral had seen through him.  He was going to have to be very careful around the Admiral if he was to keep his mission a secret.
    "Perhaps Colonel.  Now, let me buy you a drink.  It's the least I can do.  Then we can continue our discussion on strategy and chess!  I hear the Tiberius has an excellent lounge area in 5 Forward."  Admiral Talbot said as he stood up and headed towards the door.
    "I'd like that sir.  And thanks for the game.  But I do want a rematch."  The disguised Colonel said as he and the Admiral headed out into the busy corridor.

X

Aeric said in the quiet calm of the Aurora's command chair as he reviewed the data concerning the Tiberius' recent upgrades. He would have liked to be mingling with others, but he couldn't afford that until he made sure that a temporal wake wouldn't just erase all of their work. The passive quantum modulation shielding, or temporal shielding as some called it, would be online within the hour. After that, he could relax and spend time getting to know the people of his new home.

"Father, I've finished the modifications of the warp nacelles," Aria said as she walked onto the bridge. "If they work as projected, we should be able to surpass the warp nine threshhold of the Interlaced Warp Field."

"Good job," Aeric said as he watched the dark haired teen take her seat at the Conn. "I think I would be lost without you and Aurora."

"You have had less time to work on the Aurora since we arrived," she said as she turned to face him. "Intergrating quantum technology into a new ship isn't an easy task. I am more than capible of making the modification to the ship since your time requires you to be else where. This is also my home."

"I managed to repair Aurora despite that."

Aria smiled. "That should give me someone to talk to while we attempt to finalize the modifications."

"How have you been feeling?" Aeric asked. Resurections were not something to take for granted and it was hard not to worry.

"I'm fine father," Aurora said. "Aurora's notes mentioned activating my Nacene genes, but as of yet, I have not seen any results from this. I would think that you would be the first to know what those activated genes mean."

"I didn't even know my father's species until Aurora discovered it in the database when she was working on you."

"Speaking of Aurora, I think that we should consider the idea that she and I would benefit from meeting others on the crew."

Aeric nodded. "I didn't mean to suggest that you just sit around here all day.  You should be meeting people. You are not exactly Starfleet, but I'm sure that as the holosystems come online, your expertise might be welcome."

"Can you make sure that it's cleared? I don't want to cause any further trouble with the crew."

Aeric nodded again. "I will. In the mean time, let's get to work on finishing the HEART device for Aurora. If her assistance is needed, there are places where the emitters are still not online."

Aria smiled and pulled up the schematics and began to work where she and her father had last left off.

Jen

Sareth's insistence on maintaining the purity of Vulcan culture, had taken a step towards prejudice. Her beliefs regarding her grandchildren's mixed Vulcan/Human heritage, as well as her insistence that they be taught to observe Surakian principals, were a constant source of contention between she and Sevryll.

Less than two weeks prior, Quinn ordered Sevryll to go on shore leave. When she informed him of her reasons for staying aboard, he asserted that a relaxing stay at his parent's home in San Francisco was the answer. Sevryll was not keen on visiting Earth, for her mother was a professor of Vulcan history at Starfleet Academy, and she was well aware that the Tiberius was in orbit.

After sending several communiques, inviting her daughter to stay at her home, Doctor Sareth made the decision to locate Captain Quinn's father, a colleague at the Academy.  Despite Sevryll's best efforts to avoid her mother during shore leave, Captain Quinn's parents invited her mother to dinner. A conversation followed in the Quinns' guest room that poured salt on old wounds.

"You have always held your emotions close to the surface, Sevryll. Emotion is illogical, thus making you impure, and deterrent to truth. You were once referred to a Master for training—your children require the same discipline." Sevryll was willing to ignore the incessant harassment when it pertained only to herself, but her mother criticized her children, and she was never remiss where they were concerned.

"You readily disregard the fact that M'rynn and N'vall are also human—they are incapable of denying the traits that were predetermined by their father's genetic contribution."

"It is not too late, they can yet be trained to still their emotions," replied Sareth.

"Your persistence in this matter denotes pretension mother. Truth would be better served, if you simply acknowledged the reality of your bigotry. Your perception of my children is superficial—you criticize them for their lack of stoicism, though you know them not. Perhaps you should attempt to form a meaningful relationship with your grandchildren, rather than judge them for their humanity."

Sevryll's remarks caused her mother to momentarily lose her poise. She was clearly hurt by the truth of Sevryll's words. Her daughter had always been respectful, it was the first time she had ever become defensive.

Sevryll determined that the only way to improve their relationship was to build a new foundation. "I apologize for being blunt..." her mother cut her off.  "No, you are correct—I do not know them...and I wish too." There was a brief silence between the two before Sevryll spoke again, "The children and... I... would benefit greatly from having you in their lives. Would you consider, staying with us aboard the Tiberius?" Asked Sevryll. Several minutes passed before Sareth responded.

"I will give it thought," she replied.

------------------------------------

"Computer, locate Doctor Sareth."  Requested the Commander.

"Doctor Sareth is in Five Forward." Sevryll raised an eyebrow at the computer's unexpected answer. Why would she be in the lounge? She was not one for crowds or company.

"Hit'n the hooch a little early isn't she?" Asked Dennis sarcastically.

Sevryll arched a disapprovingly eyebrow at the hologram, as she knelt to say good-by to her children. Her shift would begin soon, but she wanted to greet her mother first.

Commander Sevryll entered Five Forward and noted that several bridge officers were enjoying drinks and sharing accounts of their shore leave adventures. She paused just inside the doorway, and scanned the crowded room for her mother. There were several new faces in the crowd—a distinguished Vulcan male, sat at a table near the bar. By his garb, she determined that he was a civilian. The commander was unaware that the Tiberius would be taking passengers aboard during such a mission—perhaps he was apart of the Admiral's team. Sevryll decided that after she found her mother, she would introduce herself to him. She strode across the room to a table near the viewports, where Sareth  sipped a glass of water.

"Are you lost mother?" asked Sevryll

"Yes," responded the older woman matter of factly.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

"I regret that I could not meet you in the shuttle bay to escort you to your quarters. I can show you there now, if you are ready to go."

"Not yet—I am enjoying the view."

As Sevryll sat with her mother, she scanned the room for the Vulcan man who had been seated by the bar. He was gone...She lifted her Data PADD to the table and accessed the passenger manifests.

"Where will the Tiberius be going?" Asked Sareth. Her daughter lifted her eyes from the PADD to address her mother's question. She had not been debriefed, and was not certain how much she could tell her mother, with regards to Krell's situation.

"I am not certain." It was an honest reply, but she would not be able to continue to use that excuse in the coming days.

"How is it that the ship's commander is unaware of where her vessel is going?" Sareth asked as she lifted her glass of lukewarm water to her lips.

Sevryll diverted her attention back to the Data PADD, and ignored the question.
At that moment Admiral Talbot and two Starfleet Marines entered Five Forward. She set her PADD down—no longer able to concentrate on the information she had found—her eyes followed the Romulan that accompanied Talbot across the room to the bar. Though there were three men, including Talbot, she only observed the Romulan Starfleet Marine.

"Sirach Dar Talbot...I have not seen him in many years," said her mother. Sevryll did not seem to hear her, so Sareth stood. "I am going to speak with him," she said. Sevryll was brought too, by Sareth's declaration. She rose from the table and approached Talbot with her mother.

Commander Sevryll felt the Marine's eyes on her as they made their way through the crowd. She met his lingering stare and found something familiar in his manner. Though they had never met, she was certain she knew him.

The admiral turned to see that the marine's focus was directed elsewhere—Talbot followed his gaze and saw Commander Sevryll and Doctor Sareth approaching the bar.

"Sareth! How good it is to see you again!" He stood from his chair to greet her.

"Sirach. It is agreeable to see you as well," she replied.
Sevryll focused on the Admiral, though she could still feel the marine watching her.

"Commander, you didn't tell me your mother would be aboard," said Talbot. Inwardly wondering if she had revealed their mission to Krell's wife.

"It was a last minute decision admiral," she replied, hoping he could sense that she had not exposed the details of her father's situation. Her eyes betrayed her and she casually rolled them towards the Romulan who stood beside Talbot.

"Oh, forgive me...this is Colonel Khev" he said "and this is Colonel Arcturus Mowembe," he motioned to the man standing to his left. Sevryll nodded to them both.

Khev smiled warmly at Sevryll and instantly she knew who he was...David.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Isaac picked up his Sugar Glider from the woman Vulcan then turned to face Brex.  "If they were 'unsanitary' as you say Brex, do you think I would have brought them here??" Brex was surprised at the venom in Isaac's voice.  His eyes glared at him like he was his mortal enemy.  But then, as though coming out of a reverie, Isaac's eyes cooled.  "Sorry...Brex, I won't bring them in again." Brex replied, "just make sure you keep them out of sight." "Ok"

Putting the Sugar Gliders back in his pocket, he walked back to his table near the viewports.  Not that far from him, sat the Vulcan woman who had given his Sugar Glider back.  He didn't know who she was, but she seemed oddly familiar.  He could sense nothing from her, but then his senses tingled as the Vulcan passenger seemed to be staring at him.  He turned his head to look back and the Vulcan looked away.  Isaac was suspicious because the mission seemed to be...too covert to bring aboard passangers.  Even though they had been told nothing.  He then noticed that Sevryll had come in and then realized who the Vulcan woman was.  'Her mother. Talk about a change of events...'  Then he saw an Admiral walk in surrounded by two Marines.  Sevryll and Sareth had gotten up to greet him, but Isaac merely turned around and stared back into space.   

His Sugar Gliders had fallen asleep after their little excitement.  'Troublemakers....' he thought with a laugh.  Yet...as he stared into space, the cold touch of loneliness hit him again.  His mission had prevented him from making any good friends.  It also didn't help that he wasn't very good at making friends.  In fact, his outburst in front of Brex had more than sealed the deal.  'What is wrong with me?!  Why am I so inept...so...impossible to be friendly with??!!  Why did I do that?!'  As he sat at the table staring out into the cold darkness of space, a single tear rolled down Isaac Starstriker's cheek. 

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Chief

Lt. Colonel Arcturus Mowembe's eyes could not finish looking all over the decks and details the USS Tiberius had in every single place.

"Remember that your eyes create a symphony of details for you. Pay attention to them because they can save your life." His father, Bokumlo Mowembe, always said to him on the letters he got from him at the academy.

Being inside the Tiberius, however, poised no threat at all. If anything, he was mesmerized at the size and technology inside and outside the ship.

From experience, he had learned that the bigger the place he was, the more attention he had to pay to details because that would let him pin point the exact location of exit doors, cover up places and most important, weapons caches. He had spent the first hours after being beamed up to the Tiberius, roaming the ship and creating a mental map of it. If things went wrong he wanted to have choices to fulfill his duty: to protect and defend the Admiral and crew.

Admiral Talbot had proven to be somewhat tough. That was alright to Arcturus since he was there to accomplish missions, not making a lot of friends.

But now was not time to pay attention to details. Right now he had to put attention to the words being said in the Five Forward.

"Oh, forgive me...this is Colonel Khev" he said "and this is Colonel Arcturus Mowembe," said Admiral Sirach Dar Talbot to Commander Sevril.

With his back as straight as he could and worrying a little about the perfection of his gray cammo uniform, Arcturus nodded.

He noted how Sevril quickly changed back to look at Talbot with some strange reaction.

A moment of silence followed and Mowembe stood there, waiting.

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

PepperDude

Johnny Manrique had been as busy as he was going to be. Those were the consequences of coming back from shore leave newly promoted. He had to deal with all kinds of new protocols and personnel changes. He'd spent a lot of time in the Chief of Security office and now on the bridge. In reality it wasnt' too bad. Manrique had followed every good superior officer's advice: "Learn your job and the job one rank above yours."

The young Lt. JG wanted some free time for once. At least he wasn't the only one who was busy. The chief engineer was always busy when a ship departed from shore leave. Both needed a break indeed. . .

. . .Johnny's mind suddenly shifted to his eagerness to go on a date. It took a long time for Manrique to feel that way since the woman he loved suddenly left him and disappeared a few years ago. But Manrique didn't want to think about his lost love at the moment. The hectic missions of the Tiberius hadn't allowed him to think about girls. Perhaps now was the time. And it suddenly dawned on Johnny that he was on a starship with a limited number of available girls. "Margon," exclaimed Manrique. "Excuse me lieutenant?" asked the young, pretty, human female ensign at the science station. "Oh, nothing. I'm just talking to myself," replied Johhny somewhat embarrassed. He pretended to focus back on his task. Margon, he needed to see counselor Margon.