• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

/cry /cry /cry  :'( :'( :jawdrop   ??? >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :old_bash: :old_bash: /cry /cry

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Did any see the latest Big Bang.. it was very funny.. but the opening was the best as they discussed Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles and Summer Glau's character.. it was priceless.

Love this series!!!

Rico

Yeah, the last two new episodes have been great.  Loved the stuff on last week's show with the X10 remote control stuff.  This show hits very close to where we all live I think.  Funny, funny stuff.

Geekyfanboy

OMG... did anyone else watch last night's Big Bang... that had to be one of the funniest episodes.. I was actually rolling on the floor I was laughing so hard.. when Leonard activated the time machine and everyone moved around like they were in fast motion... I almost died. And then when Leonard threaten to open one of his mint in package Star Trek figures I was laughing so hard.
I enjoy every episode of Big Bang but this one was one of my favorites.

moyer777

It was one of the best episodes!  I agree Kenny, I was laughing so hard!

Very funny!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Are you fan of Sheldon's T-shirts... now there is a website dedicated to them and where you can buy them...

This is pretty cool.. I may have to pick up a few of them :)

http://www.sheldonshirts.com/

sheldor

I was wondering when someone would make these available.  So cool.

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Season One comes out on DVD today.. gotta pick this one up. I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of extras but as least all 17 fantastic episodes are there.

Here's a Review from TVShowsonDVD.com

Big Bang Theory, The - The Complete 1st Season Review

Rating
Video:      8/10
Audio:      8/10
Extras:      1/10

Geeks Unite!
by Gord Lacey (All reviews)    9/02/2008

Physicists Leonard and Sheldon understand everything from the inescapable gravitational pull of a black hole to the intricate structure of the atom. But take those atoms and assemble them into a woman, and their comprehension comes to a grinding halt. And when Penny, a woman with all those atoms in all the right places, moves in across the hall, Leonard and Sheldon's universe begins to expand in ways they never could have imagines.

When series creators Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Dharma & Greg) combine equal parts science, superheroes and sex and add stars Johnny Galecki (Roseanne) and Jim Parsons (Judging Amy), the result is an explosively funny comedy for the nerd in all of us.

I don't keep track of sitcoms at all, so it's no surprise I hadn't heard of this one before it was announced on DVD. The premise, a bunch of geeks with a hot new neighbor, sounds like a good one. The 17 episode first season is on this 3-disc set:

Disc 1 (2:07:54)
Pilot (22:54)
The Big Bran Hypothosis (21:06)
The Fuzzyboots Corollary (22:02)
The Luminous Fish Effect (20:40)
The Hamburger Postulate (20:11)
The Middle Earth Paradigm (21:01)

Disc 2 (2:03:43)
The Dumpling Paradox (21:12)
The Grasshopper Experiment (20:12)
The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization (19:30)
The Loobenfeld Decay (20:40)
The Pancake Batter Anomaly (22:02)
The Jerusalem Duality (20:07)

Disc 3 (1:43:32)
The Bat Jar Conjecture (21:40)
The Nerdvana Annihilation (20:06)
The Pork Chop Indeterminacy (21:51)
The Peanut Reaction (19:48)
The Tangerine Factor (20:07)

Video

Though the packaging states this is "matted" widescreen transfer, meaning it's a 4:3 image with black bars on the top and bottom, it's wrong. The episodes are presented in Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1), and they look good, with the exception of some visible noise in the pilot episode. The noise is most obvious on the solid colors of walls, but it's greatly reduced by the second episode; it's common for a pilot to look slightly different from the regular season episodes. Each disc contains a "play all" option, and there's a chapter after the opening of the show.

Audio

The Big Bang Theory features a decent English Stereo Surround audio track. Of course the majority of the audio can be heard from the 3 front speakers, with the center channel getting most of the dialog. Audience laughter, and some music, can be heard from the rear speakers. Oh, I also love the opening theme song by The Barenaked Ladies. There are subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and Thai.

Extras:

Quantum Mechanics of The Big Bang Theory (17:12)
A look behind-the-scenes of The Big Bang Theory featuring interviews with the cast and crew.

Summary

This show must be one of the hardest sitcoms to write due to the insanely geeky language. I can't imagine the type of comments the writers receive, because I'm almost certain any flaw in a mathematical equation or "factual" comment that turns out to be wrong would result in letters and emails sent correcting the information. Yikes!

I thought the show was very funny; I laughed out loud a number of times. It's too bad the bonus material is so sparse, I would have enjoyed listening to a commentary track or two. I doubt I'll catch the show when it airs on TV, but I'll happily watch the second season when it hits DVD next year.

Rico

I'll be buying it.  Can't wait for season 2!

Geekyfanboy

whoo hooo.. got my season one boxset.. can't wait to go home and watch some episodes.

Darth Gaos

I really need to go and get this set.  I saw osme of the shows from the first season but kept forgetting it was on.  What I saw I absolutely loved.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

sheldor

Just a reminder of the GREAT cast and writing of this show.

KingIsaacLinksr

Didn't always get a chance to watch this show, but its great.  :) 

Can't wait!

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Did anyone catch the premiere of The Big Bang Theory this past Monday... it was hilarious.. this is the only TV show that I laugh out load from beginning to end. I'm so happy it's back.