• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

last two podcasts from itunes .....only downloaded 6 mins..read on

Started by doc, September 08, 2007, 09:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc

Rico,

Only 6 minutes downloaded from itunes the last 2 episodes of your show....did anyone else have this problem?               thx

"I don't like to lose"----Captain James T. Kirk
"I have to have my Rico Treks in Sci-fi fix"----doc from the podcast: Heroes of Science Fiction and Fantasy.....

Geekyfanboy

I have once in a while.. normally I would just delete the small file and then re-download the show again and that would work.

doc

Jobydrone

This happens to me too once in a while.  It usually downloads normally the second time.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jen

Humm...I've never had that issue. Why do you think this happens?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

There are a few reasons this happens.  One it can be your local net connection is having issues.  Second, it can be related to the server that the podcasts sit on being overloaded and timing out.  Either will cause a partial download to happen.  I test download each new show right after I upload it to make sure it's working.  But some issues can still happen.  Best suggestion is to delete the partial file and download the show again.

billybob476

Sometimes it also has to do with the distribution system you use. Rico I don't know if you're using libsyn or something but sometimes the distributed servers don't receive the entire file. If your client connects to one of those servers then you'll download an incomplete file. It takes a bit of time for your file to propagate throughout the distribution network.