• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Sci Fi Channel's Fall Premieres

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 16, 2007, 09:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

SCI FI Announces Fall Dates

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/08/16/sci-fi-announces-fall-dates/

Source: SciFi Wire

SCI FI Channel announced dates for its fall premieres, including the season premieres of “Ghost Hunters” and “Stargate: Atlantis.”

The second season of “Ghost Hunters” debuts on September 26 and will air Wednesdays at 9PM. On Halloween, from 11PM to 5AM, SCI FI will air the “Second Annual Ghost Hunters Live” special, a six-hour investigative television event, which will revisit one of the most haunted places in America, Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville, Ky.

The fourth season of “Stargate: Atlantis” debuts on September 28 and will air Fridays at 10PM. Atlantis will have a midseason finale on December 7, a finale that will feature the return of Torri Higginson as Dr. Elizabeth Weir. The Atlantis team must ally itself with a known enemy to join forces against an even greater foe.

Beginning in October, SCI FI will air “Battlestar Galactica” ‘mini-sodes entitled “Razor” during episodes of the new series “Flash Gordon,” Fridays at 9PM. The two-to-three-minute shorts will lead into the November 24 premiere of “Razor,” the two-hour Battlestar special TV movie, which will tell the story of Lee Adama’s (Jamie Bamber) first mission as commander of the Battlestar Pegasus and will reveal the story of how Adm. Cain (Michelle Forbes) served her ship during the original Cylon attack on the Colonies. “Razor,” which airs at 9PM, will provide a backdrop to events in the rest of Battlestar, which returns for its fourth and final season in early 2008.

“Razor” is written by Michael Taylor and directed by Felix Alcala. It also stars Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer and introduces Stephanie Jacobsen as Kendra, Adm. Cain’s protege.

Throughout the fall, SCI FI’s summer series will have their finales: “Who Wants To Be a Superhero?” at 9PM September 13, “Painkiller Jane” at 10PM September 21, “Eureka” at 9PM October 2 and “Doctor Who” at 8PM October 5.

In December 2007, SCI FI will air its original miniseries “Tin Man.” Exact date and time are yet to be determined.

Jen

I heard that Flash Gordon received a plethera of bad reviews...I hope it's better than the critiques say it is.

Ghost Hunters is entertaining. Don't know that I believe half of what is on their show but its fun.

Can't WAIT for Razor!

I have been a fan of the Wizard of Oz since childhood and because of that, Tin Man looks very interesting to me. I hope the Sci-Fi Channel doesn't "B it up" with their exceedingly cruddy special effects and their writing skills worthy only of a feature on Mystery Science Theater. Despite the Sci-Fi Channel's track record, I maintain hope that it will be the Battlestar of Oz.   ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

Locutus

Quote from: Jen on August 16, 2007, 10:30:34 AM
I heard that Flash Gordon received a plethera of bad reviews...I hope it's better than the critiques say it is.

Believe me, the critiques could not be more accurate. It is awful. My wife, Jen, fell asleep for a few minutes. When I asked if she wanted me to rewind it she said "No, please. Don't."

We pretty much made fun of it the whole time, and not the MST3K type of fun, the "You suck!" kind of fun.
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Rico

Looking forward to "Tin Man" quite a bit.  And "Razor" looks great of course!