• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

new recruit

Started by billybob476, August 14, 2007, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Hi all, billybob476 here.

I'm 26, newly married, living in Ottawa, Ontario. I've always loved sci fi (Star Trek and Star Wars particularly, but am interested in everything). I got into the podcast through Rico's segments on ExtraLife Radio. It took me a month or two but I've listened to all the back episodes from the beta podcast up to the latest episode.

I'm not much of a collector, but I do have almost 100 Star Wars books (most of the EU novels since Heir to the Empire, sourcebooks, etc) and a good collection of other sci fi novels...maybe I'm more of a collector then I think.

While I've always loved Star Trek, catching up on all the podcasts has really gotten me back into it. My wife and I are re-watching Enterprise and I think after we're done we're going to re-watch all of DS9. I really can't understand why people consider Enterprise to be a bad show, we watched four episodes in a row last night (up to the second to last season 2 episode). I wanted to keep going but she made us go to bed!

Anyways I won't ramble on more. Thank you for inviting me in, this seems like a great community and I think I'll enjoy being a contributing member.

Rico

Great to have you here billybob.  Lot's of great folks to welcome you to the fold.  Sounds like you will enjoy it here.

Duffster

Welcome!! I agree with you on Enterprise also... I loved it.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

moyer777

Yes, Trek is good.

Welcome billybob.

:)

Rick

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Hey Billybob... glad you can join us geeks on the forum. Sounds like you'll fit right in here.. and yes Enterprise was a fun show..

iceman

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff