• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

What do you think about T'Pol being in the New Trek Movie

Started by Hancider, July 24, 2007, 06:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hancider

Hey guys i am wondering what you guys think of the idea of having a small scene that has T'pol from Enterprise in it.  I was thinking of maybe something with Spock on Vulcan before he goes to the Enterprise. I think that this would be first a very natural thing since T'pol would have had the most experience when dealing with human, and secondly would be a very nice tie in to the Enterprise timeline and continuity. I also hope that the NX-01 is like with pictures of historical craft and such on the wall.  Please tell me what you guys think.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

Rico

A cool idea.  She could easily be still around.  Just 100 years or so older.  The first idea for Enterprise was actually to have T'Pau character from Amok Time play a younger version of herself on Enterprise.  But they went with the new character of T'Pol.  Remember a young T'Pau did show up in the fourth season of Enterprise. 

While it would be nice to tie the movie in Enterprise I have a feeling they won't do that.

Jen

Yeah, probably not Rico...but I bet photos of Archer and crew, or some mention will be present. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

I agree as well, that it would be cool if she appeared, but with the re-image I could see Abrams not wanting to have to many ties to some of the other treks out there.

Hancider

Yeah I suppose your right it would be too cool to actually be in the movie.  But even though they are re-imaging it Abrams did say that it will still be in the Star Trek universe so it wouldn't be totally out of the question.  Although it might hard to somehow work her into the story though without distracting away from the actual plot of the movie which is Kirk and Spock so in that respect I guess I wouldn't want it unless it complemented the story in some way. She would be roughly 165 or so at that time is that really old or just senior age for Vulcans I do not know what there average lifespan is supposed to be.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

Jen

She could be a professor at the academy...A brief cameo appearance would be nice.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Hancider

Oh yeah I never thought about that though I thought that this movie wasn't going to be about Kirk and Spock just getting out of the academy but Kirk becoming captain of the Enterprise.

I guess we will know more in a couple of hours here but that is a very good thought. She could also have been one of Spock's teacher at the academy that he gets in touch with for help when he has a problem understanding Kirk or something along those lines.

I think it could be done and if it doesn't I still think that they will have pics of the NX-01 up on the wall and such to acknowledge that it did exist which in itself will be cool.