• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 3 - Shore Leave

Started by Geekyfanboy, July 07, 2007, 04:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

At 5 am, San Fransico time, Sevryll had yet to sleep. The awards ceremony was the night before and since then, the doctor had been found bleeding in the corridor, Lieutenant Tain had been arrested, Quinn invited her to accompany him on shore leave, and Ensign Starstriker lapsed into a comatose state. It had been a long night to say the least.

Sevryll donned her sleeping attire and lit a meditation lamp before lowering herself into a sitting position on the floor. The Vulcan folded her hands and held them at her upper abdomen, thumbs together and verticle, index fingers extended and pointed towards the wall in front of her. She focused on the lamp's flame and imagined the negative energy flowing through the fingers that she directed away from her body. Less than five minutes had passed, when she heard her com badge chirp.

"Sickbay to Commander Sevyrll." Her focus on the flame was interrpted by Doctor Lucas. She blinked once, and slowly rose from her place on the floor to find her badge.

"Sevryll here." She said in a quiet voice.

"Commander, I would like to speak to you regarding Starstriker," he stated.

"Continue doctor," She replied evenly.

" I'm reading unusual brain waves that bare no indication of any particular cause." He took a breath as if considering just how he was going to ask her to help. "I believe a mind meld may be the only way to help him now."

Not all Vulcans could mind-meld, and of the number who could few would actually admit it. Sevryll had only spoken of her ability, once, with Counselor Margon and she was sure the Bolian kept it to himself. Either Doctor Lucas was acting on presumption, or he had reviewed the counselor's patient logs. She would discuss this with Counselor Margon later.

Sevryll's form was softly highlighted by the lamp's flickering ambient, light, as she moved to put it out. She extinguished the flame between her thumb and index finger, then replied, "A mind meld is deeply personal, and not typically preformed on individuals who are not closely associated with the melder. Moreover, the ensign is incapable of giving his consent. It would not be appropriate to impose a meld with out it."

Doctor Lucas replied curtly,"I am quite aware of the intimacy of melding."

Sevryll could feel a twinge of annoyance at the doctor's response, but she skillfully prevented it from permeating her voice. "Are you also aware that melding carries risk? It can be physically debilitating to both parties. The pressure changes can potentially aggravate existing conditions, resulting in the loss of the subject's identity."

"Yes, but after effects can be treated with the drug Lexorin," he quickly replied.

"It is not a cure doctor," Responded the Vulcan.

"Yes Commander, but under dire circumstances, others have found it to be worth the risk. And Starstriker's situation is just that—dire."

Sevryll reluctantly agreed to perform the meld, but resigned herself to one-sided, psionic contact. The Vulcan would probe Starstriker's mind, while shielding her own from his detection. This would prevent him from discovering David's association with Section 31. The revelation would not only be dangerous Starstriker, but to her family as well. She informed the Captain and Margon of Doctor Lucas request on her way to the turbo-lift.

Sevryll entered sickbay. On one side of the room, resting on a bio bed, was doctor Peterson. On the other was Ensign Starstriker. She approached the doctor first. He was awake, but not completely lucid. Doctor Lucas greeted her, and proceeded to update her on Peterson's progress. Lucas administered a drug to Doctor Peterson and he lapsed into a deep sleep. The gangly Lucas then motioned Sevryll to Starstriker's bedside.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

PepperDude

Johnny Manrique was tired after the long day.  He was tired but content.  He was not expecting to be promoted at the awards ceremony or even to receive the Nebula Star award. On top of everything, he was made chief of security. Manrique felt that perhaps he lacked some experience to be the security chief but he welcomed the challenge. He learned some invaluable skills and insights over the past few months on the Tiberius; the most important one was to never let your guard down especially around supposed bad-guys turned good-guys.

Dancing with some of the crew members and Cmdr. Sevryll's kids was a lot of fun though exhausting. The newly promoted Lieutenant Junior Grade needed  to have that type of exercise after the mission on the Tiberius. He loved the fact that the last song the band played was "When the Saints Go Marching In" a la Louis Armstrong—with the trumpet and the female vocalist. All that was missing was Armstrong's trademark raspy voice. The song was so good that the half human, half Vulcan children wanted it to be played again.

With the music over, Manrique beamed aboard the Tiberius to get some sleep. He planned to sleep on the Tiberius tonight and visit his family in Managua tomorrow.  He liked jungle with the exception of the heat.  Then he had plans to do other things on Earth. . .

He dozed to sleep but was awakened by Cmdr. Sevryll a couple of hours later.

"Manrique here Commander," said the Lt. Sleepily.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience Lieutenant but I need for you to personally pick up one of our new crew members, Lt. Tain from jail," said the Vulcan officer.

"From jail?"

"Yes. You'll find all the details on the ship's computer. When he comes aboard I want to speak with him."

"I will do that Commander."

"Very well," said Cmdr. Sevryll ending the exchange with the lieutenant.

Having been newly promoted, Manrique didn't dare ask the commander if it was necessary to pick up Lt. Tain right away. Manrique was not happy that he had to get up very early in the morning especially to pick a Starfleet officer from jail. He was actually angry.  Why did he have to pick him up at this hour? The commander could have told him to pick him up later on in the morning. But he was in Starfleet and he had to do what he was ordered. Perhaps he might take out his anger on that Lt. Tain.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Manrique arrived at the jail more awake and without the anger that he had felt after he was told to pick up Lt. Tain.  Tain was in jail because he got into a fight in self-defense.  Manrique could understand that despite the older age of the officer. Before he arrived he read up a little about Lt. Tain.  He was older, bigger, half-Orion and had more Starfleet experience than Manrique.  There was a chance that he might serve in the security section with Manrique. That was just fine with the young officer as long as he didn't have to deal with an older officer's insubordination or attempts to undermine Manrique's authority.

"They're here for you," said the jailer to Lt. Tain. The lieutenant stood up, took one look at Manrique and exited the cell when the force field went down. He didn't say a word to Manrique but only stood there. Manrique kept his eyes on the older lieutenant trying to ascertain his present attitude.

"Lt. Tain, I'm lieutenant Manrique.  I'm here to take you to the Tiberius."

"I'm ready to go." Manrique nodded his head and he proceeded out the room with the older lieutenant behind him. Both men didn't exchange a word as they walked to the transporter room to be beamed up to the Tiberius.

Darkmolerman

Suder sat alone in his house in Hana, Maui. Because he lacked an actual wage, the house was not very big. It was in a great area, it was just not a great house to look at. He called the Tiberius home, and he was already feeling home sick.

Suder thought about the party he went to the night before. He loved trying to wear out Sevryll's children, and it was fun watching her dance with Margon. The food was great and he had his first drink. He did not really like the taste of Vodka so he ordered a "Virgin Bloody Mary".
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Four Lights

Brex sat down in a dark room behind a computer screen. Sweat rolled down his blue ridged face. An image of an older man with a phaser to a young bajoran woman's head was frozen in place.
-Chirp-
   "It's J'Dan, let me in boss!" Brex pushed a button and turned off the screen. He got up and walked to the center of the room.
   "Enter." J'Dan walked in with a bottle of Romulan Ale in his hand. "What's this for?"
"You know what it's for."
"Um... Pretty sure I don't."
"It's your birthday!"
"Oh..." Brex walked over to a chair in the corner. J'Dan got two wine glasses out of the replicator.
"What's your problem? You haven't been out in five forward for a long time."  J'Dan popped the bottle open and the smell filled the air. Brex smiled for a second. Then it faded to a frown.
   "It's a long story J'Dan, don't worry about it."  Brex took on of the glasses from J'Dan. J'Dan poured the blue liquid into the wine glass. Brex held it to his nose and smelled it. He took a sip.
   "People have been asking about you. I don't know what to tell them. I've been out here almost by my self for a long time now, and when you're out there you don't really talk to any one at all. I know your dad and you don't really get along, but really why does that..."  Brex cut off J'Dan.
   "Don't bring him up!" Brex quickly drank the whole glass. "Hit me."
   "Boss, I think you need to see a counselor." J'Dan poured him an other glass.
   "Ha, that would be like putting a Tarkalian Felder Beast in a cage with a Klingon Targ. I would be torn to pieces!" J'Dan started to pour him self a glass, then Brex drank his whole glass again.  J"Dan reached for his glass, but before he could pick it up Brex took it and drank it as well.
   "Boss!"
   "What!?" Brex said with a slur.
   "I'm getting you an appointment with Suder." J'Dan pulled the bottle away from Brex. J'Dan pushed his combadge
   "Do you really wanna know what's wrong?!"
   "Well... I wouldn't mind."
   "He contacted me three months ago."
   "Who are you talking about boss?"
   "The man who killed my wife. He's in the high ranks of the Orion Syndicate"
   "Your wife, the Orion Syndicate? What did he say?"
   "He said she's alive." Brex passed out. J'Dan tapped his combadge.
   "J'Dan to the bridge, get me in contact with Counselor Suder."
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

KingIsaacLinksr

Sevryll thus put her right hand to Isaac's face.  She began the Vulcan Mind-Meld.
"My mind to your mind.  My thoughts to your thoughts." Isaac's mouth began saying the same thing.  Suprising the doctor but Sevryll was unaffected.  "We are connecting...."
In Sevryll mind, it seemed like she came out of a tunnel and landed in a sea of emotion.  It was so overpowering she was surprised she was in one piece emotionally.  "Destruction...Fear.....fear.........no...d...o...not.....NO LEAVE THEM BE.......please.....take me..........I'm responsIBLE!!!!!!  NOOO!!!!!"

The amount of emotion flowing through Sevryll surprised her.  She had made preparations to protect herself, but not against this.  She had some suspicion that Isaac was somehow protecting her...but how?

"Loneliness, loneliness, I'm so alone....for so long.........destruction.....persecution......fear.....loneliness.........why do I suffer?...why must I be alone??!!"

She found herself in a room with a man and a woman.  The room looked like it belonged to Starfleet vessel, perhaps a crewman's quarters. The man spoke, "He's been alone...for so long...wandering through the galaxy without a purpose, without a reason...."  The woman looked surprise "You can feel its emotions from this far away?!"  "I have been able to sense some things.........from Tinman......"

The room faded away and once again she found herself in a sea of emotion.  "Alone......I've been....so alone......death and destruction follow me.......help....I need help.....pleaSE HELP ME!!!!!!"

She found herself in a different place.  She was floating above a white and gold city.  But it seemed like it was in the middle of a siege.  Oddly, the weapons consisted of trebuchets, catapults, bow-and-arrows, and swords.  'Why am I here?' she wondered.  'What significance does this have to Isaac?'  The trebuchets seemed to be unleashing a wave of rocks and fire at the supposed enemy.  But they were becoming fewer and fewer as the enemy returned fire.  Then a huge white flash made the city fade away.

She was surrounded by bright white light.  "WHY ARE YOU HERE??" boomed a voice.  "WHY HAVE YOU INVADED MY MIND??"  She responded by saying "Isaac, I'm sorry to have invaded your mind but your in a comatose state and your causing concern for us all." "HA, what a lie, no-one cares for the young ensign who risks his life in combat.  No one cares for young Isaac Starstriker.  I'm all alone.....so...alone.........ALONE!"

Once again Sevryll found herself in a different place.  Still, she was surprised at how much of herself was still intact.  By this time, her self being should have been wiped out.  All due to Isaac...perhaps...  She looked around and found that she was in a meadow.  She looked around curiously and wondered, 'why here?'  There were some mountains off in the distance.  When she turned around, there was Isaac, kneeling on the ground crying.  "Why did you leave me?  Why??  What did I do wrong?  Why me!!!  he screamed into nothingness. Sevryll saw what was in front of him which was four bodies.  They looked similar to him, two girls and two boys.  She had to assume they were Isaac's siblings.  "You didn't need to sacrifice yourself......*sniff*...we would have won....why...WHY??!!!" he screamed.

She took a step towards Isaac and he whirled around immediately.  "Who are you and what do you want??" asked a now agitated Isaac.  "I'm Sevryll and I'm here to bring you back."  "Back where??  You will not take me back!!!" he yelled.  He drew a sword and shield.  He seemed to be an expert but Sevryll couldn't help but wonder if this was just his mind about to rid itself of the intruder, namely her.  She had no weapons, but a stroke of ingenuity made her realize that she had the weapon all-along.  So, like a magician of old, she put her hands in front of her and concentrated.  Thus began, the battle of minds.

The battle of minds caught the attention of the doctor who noticed that Sevryll and Isaac were now sweating and grimacing.  "SEVRYLL, DISENGAGE THE MIND MELD. NOW!!!"

But Sevryll and Isaac could not hear him for they were locked in an epic battle of wills.  Neither side seemed to be winning but as the minutes passed, Isaac began to falter, then his defenses failed him and all his mind was now laid bare before Sevryll.  Even though she had won, she couldn't concentrate enough to control the open mind meld.  Fear spread through her as she knew that she would be swallowed up by Isaac's emotions and memories and would be lost forever.  But once again, the shield that had protected her from the flood of emotions earlier still protected her now.  She looked around her and was amazed at what she saw.  It was a clear sky with a beautiful forest below her with colors everywhere.  She now felt at peace like never before.  Now a small, less overpowering voice began to talk.  "Sevryll....I....I'm so, so sorry.  You should never have gone through this madness."  "Its ok Isaac."  "No, its not...I have worried the crew and brought about my madness to my commanding officer.  I submit myself to your judgment and punishment."  This statement alone surprised her.  Never in his record had Isaac ever submitted himself to anything.  Not even the rules as he ever had toed them during the Academy.  "Then your punishment will be to tell me about this problem of yours and to quit worrying the crew" she replied. A bright flash of enveloping light surrounded her once again.

Sevryll's eyes opened and looked down at the young ensign.  She disconnected her hand from his face and Isaac woke up.  His eyes were filled with tears.  "Leave the room doctor." she ordered.  The doctor left the room and made sure that no one disturbed them as Isaac was rocking back and forth on the table crying.  She merely stood there as a comforting presense but something akin to sympathy flickered in the Vulcan's eyes.

Sometime later, after Isaac got some rest, Isaac began to talk with her.  "It was many years ago, that the outpost we lived on was attacked and destroyed by an enemy I do not know.  My family's only survivors were my two brothers, two sisters and I.  My parents had saved us by getting us into a shuttle and putting it on autopilot.  They sacrificed themselves to prevent the shuttle from being stopped.  I was very young...maybe three to four years old.  My siblings died some years later in an attempt to save me.  I don't know why they picked me even though I was the eldest.  Ever since then, I have been wandering the galaxy, looking for a purpose, a reason to live.  I went to the Starfleet Academy tests and preformed beyond my expectations and many of their high scorers.  And the rest of my life is stored in the records.  Its not surprising that none of those records before the academy aren't there as Starfleet was going through a very trying
time with a war."  "So why are you so depressed?..."  "I'm afraid that I've been storing up my emotions for all this time...and now...it exploded.  I'm, again, sorry for what I did to you.  No one should have had to experience that."  "Its alright Isaac, its the fact that you are now well that makes it all worthwhile." stated Sevryll.

"You are an extremely talented telepath, I think your witholding information from Starfleet." she stated.  "It is indeed true that I have the power to read minds.  I also have the power to control objects around me. But I rarely use it for obvious reasons." he replied, smiling wryly.  "Are you human?" asked Sevryll.  A simple question but it was a complicated answer.  Isaac knew he couldn't tell her...at least not yet.  'Its not time to fully reveal...'  'I think it is...but I will wait.'  "I am not human...but I have no name for what I am.  I guess my nearest guess would be a species like the Travelers."  "Even though you are obviously not them." she stated.  "I suppose..." he replied.  Sevryll felt that he wasn't telling the whole truth, but kept it to herself.

"I thank you Sevryll...with the mind meld I realized that I had friends who cared about me and were genuinely worried about me.  However, I almost worry that this mind meld will leave more damage than a simple drug can fix."  Isaac stated.  "Worry not about it...I'm positive that whatever protection you gave me was sufficient to protect me." Sevyrll replied.  He smiled weakly and allowed Sevyrll to give him the drug Lexorin.

After Isaac gave permission to tell the doctor and the captain all that had happened, she told them.  "So why did all this happen?  Why did he start this...whole....idk, depression?" asked Quinn.  "I believe it started now due to the stress of the previous mission and it seems to have built up over time...the stress of all that emotion would break anyone." replied the doctor.  "Indeed...well, what are your suggestions doctor?" asked Quinn.  "The fact that both you, Sevryll, and Isaac are still in one sane mind is astonishing.  I guess I could order you both to shore leave...but that would be pointless." he laughed.  "Ok, Isaac is to stay here overnight so I can watch him.  Oh, and Isaac cannot go on shore leave alone, at least for the entire time he cannot be alone.   Quinn nodded at the doctor.  "I leave this matter in your hands."  "Yes sir." he replied.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Duffster

As they walked towards the transporters, Lt. Tain paused in stride and stopped. Manrique stopped, turned around and looked back at Tain.

"Is there a problem Lieutenant??", asked the young officer.

Tain looked at Manrique and gave him a guilty look.

"Well I don't want to cause any trouble, but in the case that I may not be gettin back down here for awhile, I do need to pick up a few things, and settle up on my hotel. I am sure it won't take long."

Johnny looked at the older man and grimaced.

"Commander Sevryll wanted to talk to you as soon as you arrived on ship."

The security chief thought for a moment.

"She didn't say anything about not allowing you to retrieve your things though. As long as we make it quick, I don't see a problem with it."

Tain looked at the young lieutenant and nodded in acknowledgment. He had hoped that the young man wouldn't be to gung-ho as to not allow him to close things out before going to the ship.

"Thanks lieutenant, I appreciate it. Oh, and as we haven't been formally introduced. I'm Cedric Tain"

Cedric put his hand out for a handshake.

Johnny took the hand in greeting.

"Nice to met you Cedric. My name is Johnny Manrique, Chief of Security on the starship Tiberius. Now that greetings are out of the way, lets get your stuff and get the ship. Trust me, we don't want to keep Commander Sevryll waiting."

Johnny started walking to the entrance of the station.

Cedric nodded again. He liked the way this young lieutenant reacted, and the matter of fact way he got back to the job at hand. He also like that fact that Manrique didn't make a big deal out of the fact that he would most likely be Tain's boss.

Cedric followed lieutenant Manrique out the station and they made their way to his Hotel.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

Cedric closed his bag and looked back to Johnny Manrique.

"Well that's it, like I said... no trouble at all..."

As Cedric completed the sentence the front door caved in and four men made their way into the hotel room. Cedric and Johnny both crouched ready for anything.

Cedric recognized one of the men from the bar, and he made a face.

"Lieutenant.... sorry...maybe just a little trouble..."

He looked over at Lt. Manrique and shrugged his shoulders giving him a wry grin.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

moyer777

Margon changed into something more comfortable for his trip.  He got a felion supplment from the replicator and sat it down on the coffee table.  Mr. Mouse jumped up and began to eat the food. 

He had it all planned out.  Taking the data pad in his hand he check the itinerary and chuckled to himself.  "This should be quite a trip!"

Dr. Lucas had informed him that Dr. Peterson was now awake and feeling restless.  He suggested getting him off the ship for a few days, and since Margon didn't have any family on Earth to speak of, he was willing.  Of course there was Brex, but his son still wouldn't really talk to him.  He didn't really know what to do about that.

He tapped his com badge, "Counselor Margon to Dr. Peterson"

"yes Counselor?" the dr. replied.

"I have a surprise for you!"  the Bolian sounded excited.

"And that would be....." the Dr. was interupted

"That would be for you to get yourself ready.  We're going to Earth together.  I have an adventure for us!"

There was a slight pause and the Dr. replied, "uh, what do you mean and adventure?"

"Something I think you and I both need Dr.    Are you willing?  All you need are a few personal items, so get out of sickbay, get to your quarters and pack, oh and before you say anything, Dr. Lucas has signed off on this.  He thought it would be good for you." 

The Dr. really didn't have a lot of choice, and he needed someone like the Counselor to talk with.  This whole thing had been so hard on him.  He surrendered to the idea and responded, "Ok, Counselor, if you are willing to have me, then I guess I am willing to go with you." 

"Wonderful!" exlaimed Margon.  "There is one other person I want with us, I'll contact him and meet you in two hours!"

The Counselor  petted Mr. Mouse.  "You want to come with us?"  the cat purred and rubbed up against the Counselors face getting hair all over his blue face.  "Stop it lunkhead!"  He laughed and then picked the cat up and placed him on the couch.  "No, you can't go Mr. Mouse, you wouldn't like where we are going."  He chuckled.

Margon tapped his Com badge again, this time he asked for Counselor Suder. 

<chirp>  Counselor Suder is not on board the Tiberius <chirp>

"Then where is he?" the counselor asked the computer.

<chirp> Mr. Suder is at his home on Earth <chirp>

"Computer vid screen on, contact Counselor Suder"

the Starfleet Logo came up on the screen and the screen flickered ever so slightly.  The transmission ring seemed to go on forever when finally a sleepy looking Suder came on to the screen. 

"Yeah?  Margon?  What do you want at this hour?" the young counselor asked.

This hour?  It was already two in the afternoon. 

"Andrus, I thought you might want to accompany the Dr. and I on our R&R adventure on Earth."

"That depends on what you want to do.  I have a lot to do you know."

"you will love it, trust me" the Bolian smiled.

Andrus was secretly jumping at the chance to do something with friends.  But he didn't want to come off desperate.  He thought about the people he would like to hang with and thought that the Dr and the Counselor would be entertaining.  He came up with a good excuse to check his calendar, excused himself and after about 3 minutes the vidlink came to life again.

"Alright, when do we leave?  Where do I meet you, what do I bring?"  he gave away his excitment. 

Counselor Margon smiled and said, "Just bring yourself and a couple of days worth of clothes.  We'll meet at your place Mr. Suder, if that's ok. The Dr. and I will beam down in a couple of hours"

"Ok" said Andrus.  "I'll get my things together"

"Oh, one other thing" Margon said "Can you arrange transportation?" 

Andrus again tried to hide his excitement.  "Uh, sure, no problem, I'll see you in two hours"

The vidlink went off and Andrus shouted outloud  "SWEET!"  he had been waiting for an opportunity to try out the new landflyer pod transport.  This baby could circle the globe in less than an hour and it was a beauty to look at too.  He quickly got his things packed and set out for the federation transport depot just a few minutes from his place.  Since the counselor and dr would be joining him, he knew he would get his pick of one of the newest models. 

"I hope the Dr. is feeling good enough for this adventure" he mumbled.  He put his earphones in and crancked up an old Earth band called the Rolling Stones.  As he walked past his neighbor's house all people could hear was a lone singing man,

"I can't get no... no no no!"  Suder played the air guitar and walked quickly to the depot.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Quinn approached his childhood home on the outskirts of San Francisco, it had been several years since he last set foot there. As he walked up the front steps, a door burst open and gregarious woman came bounding out. "My special one!!! He has come home." She grabbed Quinn and pulled him into a tight bear hug.

Quinn's mother was a beautiful woman, dark hair and blue eyed. Though she was hundreds of years old you could not tell on her jolly face as she beamed at her youngest son. Quinn who could barely breath said "Hello Mother".

A tall handsome dark hair and grey eyed man stood in the doorway. "Anashta let go of the poor boy, he's turning blue". Anashta laughed and released Quinn, Quinn turned to the man in the doorway. "Hello Papa". Jerrad Quinn grabbed his son and embraced him. "It's good to see my boy". Anashta took her sons arm and walked him into the house. "It has been far to long special one." Quinn looked at his mother, "Mother you know I don't like when you call me that", "What", she said in surprise... "special one?, but you are, you are our special one." Quinn shook his head as his mother guided her son to the kitchen. "Are you hungry speci..I mean Nathan" Quinn smiled "No mother I am fine" Anashta pulled out some pots and pans, "of course you are hungry, eating all that replicated food all the time, you are nothing but skin and bones.. How about a nice roasted chicken with a side of.." Quinn laughed, "I do miss your home cooking mother but I am good, I hope it's okay that I'll be staying with you for the duration of my shore leave." Jerrad entered the kitchen, "Of course it's okay, and you are always welcomed here." Anashta looking disappointed put the pots and pans away, "Will your first officer and her children be joining us". "Yes she will be here soon, she is dealing with some last minute issues on board the Tiberius" Quinn said. Anashta smile broaden, "It will be good to have little ones in the house again, of course you could take care of this by having children of your own". Quinn laughed and said "Don't start that again mother, it will happen when it happens." Jerrad shook his head "Anashta, Captain's of Starships don't have Children". "Oh that is right", Anashta said, "I forgot that  you are now a Captain." Quinn smiled, "I still want children mother, I just haven't found the right person yet." Anashta smiled and touched her sons cheek, "I know special one, I just want you to be happy". Quinn hugged his mother, "I know mother.. it's good to be home."

iceman

Dr. Peterson was feeling much better then he had days before, the ceremony was a blurr to him and he was glad to be getting out of sick bay. He marvelled at the great job that the nanobots had done on his shoulder, but found himself to be still quite exhausted from his ordeal. He had been given some instructions from Dr. Lucas and some pain medications to be administered every 8 hrs.

He hit his comm badge and signalled the counsellor that he would be readied shortly. He must remember to ask the counsellor about the ceremony as he could not remember much about it but thought he had been awarded a purple heart but could not remember much.

For now the doctor welcomed the distraction and looked forward to his shoreleave and the distraction it would provide. He reached transporter room four and awaited the arrival of Counsellor Margon.

Jen

11:00 am Francisco time.

M'rynn watched in admiration, as her mother braided her hair before the mirror in their quarters. In their four months aboard Tiberius, Sevryll had permitted it to grow longer. Now her glossy raven locks, fell past her shoulders in waves.

The little girl inched closer, resting her chin on the table where Sevryll sat; she gazed up to watched Sevryll's nimble fingers at work. Uninterrupted by the small observer, Sevryll continued carefully gathering the locks that framed the delicate features of her face, then she pulled them back towards her ears and tied the ends together, in a loose knot, at the back of her head.  The secured tresses crowned the balance of her hair, which she allowed to cascade down her back. It was reminiscent of a style worn by Vulcan females in the time before Surak—A style that was represented on the surfaces of ancient stoneware, excavated on her archaeological expeditions.

Sevryll stood from her place before the mirror and straightened her clothing. Her civilian attire consisted of a fitted, taupe tunic and trousers . Over her suit she wore a silk, high collared robe, with flowing sleeves, the color of Vulcan's searing skies. She reached for the battered Purple Heart medal, resting on the table, and dropped it into her pocket. She would return it to the doctor if she saw him during their leave.

Sevryll stood there a moment, regarding her daughter in the reflection of the mirror, thinking about her early morning conversation with Quinn.  "I have never shielded my children from their heritage." she told him, "doing so would only hinder their ability to cope with inevitable difficulties."  Sevryll knew her position was logical, but her mother's protests invaded in her thoughts. Sareth never failed to remind Sevryll that social stigma always followed, when Vulcans turned away from Surak's teachings. She was right of course...It seemed that "inevitable difficulties" would find her young ones, regardless of which path they chose.

Sareth had sent a message early that morning, requesting that Sevryll come to her home in San Francisco. Krell, Sevryll's father, was away on a diplomatic assignment to Romulus. He was apart of the Reunification project that Ambassador Spock began. Her father would not be present to act as Sevryll and Sareth's mediator, which meant a visit with her mother would be most unpleasant. Sevryll did not respond to her mother's message. She would determine the proper course of action, at a later time.

The Vulcan's eyes focused once more, on her daughter. She stretched her hand out to M'rynn and the toddler smiled as she walked over to accept it. Sevryll turned from the mirror and called for N'Vall, who was playing by himself in the other room.

A few minutes later, a frenzy of tiny golden particles shaped their figures outside the Quinn family home. It was an ancient wooden structure, classified as a "Victorian". It was one of the Queen Anne Victorians dubbed the "painted ladies" of San Francisco. Sevryll found the dwelling fanciful and flamboyant...little did she know those terms would also describe Mrs. Quinn.

"Blue!" M'rynn's voice echoed as her form solidified. Blue was the color of the house they stood in front of. "That is correct," replied Sevryll, arching a single eyebrow as she peered down at the little girl.

Before she could stay his hand, N'Vall pressed the button set in the wall beside the door. It chimed melodically. He rang it in rapid succession four more times, marveling at sound the invisible bells made.  Sevryll gently pulled him away from the door bell before he could press it again. From inside, a voice arose and it grew louder as the individual approached the entrance. The old fashion door opened and an extraordinarily happy woman appeared. Her round checks rose, as a large beautiful smile formed on her lips. "Well hello!" she said, looking up at Sevryll then down at the two children at her side.  The woman's dark hair sparked in the sun as she stepped onto the porch to pull them all inside. N'Vall was instantly in love with the friendly woman, but M'rynn was reserved as usual.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

Suder sat down in the sleek vehicle.  The transparent forcefield buzzed as it activated over the top of the landflyer transport pod.  This baby was amazing.  He quickly traced his fingers over the dash module and the whole craft came to life.  The seatbelts instantly crossed over his chest and calm cool voice said "please enter the destination Mr. Suder."  A hologram hovered over his right shoulder with a number dial and lattitude and longitude dial.  Andrus thought for a moment. 

"Computer, music on"

Another panel lit up and hovered in front of his face.

"Please select music choice Mr. Suder" the computer said.

"Uh, how about the ancient Earth band, The doors"

"There are 142 songs avaialable by that band's name"  the computer chided.

"Ok, how about "Light my fire"

The computer chirped once and the cockpit came alive in crystal clear sound.  The hammond B-3 churned out a few notes and Suder smiled. 

"Ok, computer take me to my house I need to meet the Dr and Counselor Margon"

The ship instantly rocked to the right, lifted and streaked off.

"Computer volume level higher" 

The music swelled to a mind numbing level as the ship jetted toward Suder's house. 

*********************************************************************************************

Counselor Margon grabbed the last item and placed it on the desk. 

"Computer, done packing, consolodate"

There was a whirring sound and all of his clothing and items seemed to compact together and the cover of his starfleet suitcase sealed shut with a hiss.

His com badge beeped.

"Dr. Peterson to Margon, where are you?"

"I'm coming Dr., have patience.  I just need to get the rest of my things.  I'll be there shortly."

"Ok, well, I'm getting tired of standing here."

The com went silent and the counselor sighed.  "Oh boy, this is going to be interesting"

Margon petted Mr. Mouse one last time and then spoke out "Computer, please attend my pet while I am away"  The computer chirped and he picked up his small musical device and slipped it into his pocket.    The doors hissed open and he made his way to the transporter room.

Upon entrance the Dr stood next to the transporter pad.  He was dressed appropriatley for an outing but what fascinated the Counselor was the bright orange Hawaiin shirt that the dr. sported. 

Margon chuckled "I'm gonna need sunglasses to look at you dr."

The dr. sneered and then smiled.  "Well you said we were going on an adventure, so I figured I'd make the best of it."

The men stepped onto the transporter pad-

"Go ahead transporter chief". said Margon.

The two men materialized in front of the Hawaiin home.  A palm tree fluttered in the breeze as a transport vehicle with loud booming bass screeched to a halt in front of them.  The wind from the vehicle blew the dr.'s hair every which way.  Counselor Margon smiled.

Andrus looked down at the two men and the music stopped. 

"Hey boys, what's up?"  He placed his index finger on the bridge of his sunglasses and cocked his head.  "Wanna ride?"

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

PepperDude

The four men stormed the hotel room sloppily, lacking the finesse of movement and communication of a starship's security personnel. That was what Lt. Johnny Manrique thought as he quickly cover behind the bathroom door. He noticed that Lt. Tain took cover behind the bed.  The older lieutenant looked at Johnny with a wry smile and shrugged shoulders.  Manrique then knew that these were probably the same men that Tain confronted at the bar.  Tain was obviously not armed and Manrique didn't bring a phaser as he didn't think it was necessary to bring one along just to get a Starfleet out of jail. However, he always carried a knife with him. It was the rare Starfleet officer who always carried a knife nowadays.  It was virtually not needed on a starship but did come in handy on away missions. Being a security officer, Lt. Manrique developed the habit of always carrying a knife.  It wasn't required, but Manrique wanted to be a bit more prepared in case of emergencies.

He was presently in an emergency. Two of the men had phasers, most probably set on kill.  One of them shot at Lt. Tain and missed.  The other one aimed at Manrique but missed badly hitting the wall.  Manrique took his somewhat small, 4 inch long blade knife out of its sheath and threw it at the man that fired at him. The knife penetrated the man's elbow and he immediately dropped the phaser to the ground. "Yeah, they're not pros," said Manrique. At the same moment the other man with the phaser was distracted and glanced at his friend.  This was the opportunity Tain had waited for; he threw his bag at the man with the phaser, who was the man he recognized from the bar. The man fired his weapon but missed Tain.  The lieutenant was on him immediately afterward. He got the man in a comealong armbar. The man didn't have the phaser pointed in Tain's direction anymore and the pain the man felt on his elbow was enough to make him drop his weapon. Then one of the other men punched Tain in the face. Tain didn't break the man's arm to take him out of the fight; instead he released him and proceeded to get ready to fight two men at the same time. . .

By then, Manrique had picked up the phaser that had been dropped by the man he'd injured. The man with the knife still stuck to the inside of his elbow backed up. Manrique fired a single shot at the floor. The other three men took notice that the Starfleet officer now had a phaser in his hand. Realizing that they were now at a disadvantage, the two men who came into the room without phasers ran out of the room.  Then the other two men followed suit.

Duffster

"AHhahhahahh", laughed Tain crazily. "Look at the scum run."

He looked over at Manrique.

Manrique saw the crazy look disappear from Tains eyes as he visably regained control over his emotions.

"As I said Lt. Manrique.", Tain said. "It's not so much that trouble follows me around, it's more like it's a heat seeking missle  locked onto me! Always been that way, every since I was a youngin."

Tain looked out the door and down the corridor, then looked back into the room at lieutenant Manrique.

"From the looks of that lot, I don't think they will be botherin us again."

Tain walked over to the young lieutenant. He smacked him affably on the arm.

"And that was quite some throw there lieutenant!! It's good to see I will be in the company of someone that can handle themself well in a fight. I gotta admit, I was surprised to see you pull out a knife. Haven't you ever heard that your not supposed to bring a knife to a phaser fight??"

Manrique laughed at the joke, but look a little worried as he watched Tain loudly guffaw at his own joke. He though to himself that it looked like the old lieutenant probably did very few things in a small way.

Tain wiped a tear out his eye from laughing, and held out his hand to the Manrique. He looked directly into his fellow lieutenants eyes.

"Where I come from, and what I have been through have taught me one thing above all others Manrique. Anyone that  risks himself to help out a fellow soldier, has my respect and appreciation. I don't know how that would have ended if you hadn't thought fast on your feet like that, but you did, and I thank you for it."

Manrique shook Tains hand again and looked a little embarrassed.

"Lieutenant Tain,", said Manrique. "Where I come from we don't run from trouble, and certainly don't abandon crewmates. Nothing more need to be made of it."

Tain looked at the Lieutenant and smiled.

"As you say, sir.", Tain said.

Tain looked away from his fellow officer as he suddenly remembered something. He hurried over to his bag, picked it up and brought it to the table. From the bag he pulled out a glass bottle full of liquid the color of coal, and two cigars.

"Another thing I learned from years in the fleet. Always celebrate the small victories. Although that definitely couldn't be considered a battle, we're still here alive and breathin. Would you care for a snort, and a smoke before we head up the ship lieutenant?"

Tain  looked over at Manrique expectantly.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

iceman

The Dr. took in the fresh air accompanied by the cool tropical breeze. It had been a long time since he had been on earth, so long in fact, that he had almost forgot what it was like to feel the kiss of the sun on his cheek.

He took a deep breath and inhaled it all in, for the first time, in what had seemed like ages, he actually felt at ease, it was as if a weight had been lifted from him.

The Dr. finally felt like he belonged, it was a feeling that was unfamiliar to him, but one that he welcomed. He began to talk to the counsellor about his past and the war that took his family away from him.

Counsellor Margon spoke," That is enough for now Dr. you are here to recover, there will be plenty of time to talk, for now let us enjoy are adventure".

The Dr nodded in compliance and asked The counsellor where they were going. The counsellor responded with a big grin. "You'll see.

X

"Computer, what is our ETA to Earth?" Aeric asked aloud as he rose from his bed aboard the Aurora, a protype warp shuttle and technologies testing platform.

Aeric ran his hand though his dark closely cropped hair. He could feel the ship around him as a telepath feels the minds of those around them. He had been heading to his new commission at warp 6.5 for the last 12 hours. He needed to test the systems of the Aurora aboard a starship and the Tiberious needed another Flight Conn officer. While this would be his first commission aboard a starship, it was an opportunity that he could not pass up.

"Destination will be reached in three-point-two hours at current velocity." replied the soft femine voice of the computer.

With his abilities, Aeric could have gathered the information mentally, but having spent the last two months working alone on the ship, it was nice to have another voice to talk to.

"Computer, initiate Ship Interface Hologram." Aeric said softly as he stretched.

"Please state the reason for activation.", a young dark haired woman said. She was dressed in a red accented Starfleet uniform.

"Conversation." Aeric replied as he moved forward towards the helm of the shuttle.

"How are we feeling today Aurora?"

"All systems are function within the specified variances. The new warpfield configuration has improved power efficiency by 15.36%. Bio-neural gel packs are functioning within all specifications. Nanotech repair systems are online and functional." Aurora said as she took a seat in the copilot's chair. "As for how I am feeling ... annoyed. Why have did you have me programmed with the ability to dream if activating me always interrupts the dreams?"

"I think I can fix that by adding a delay to your activation routines that will allow you to finish your dreams. What did you dream about last night?"

"Don't you think that question is a little personal Lieutenant?" Aurora asked as she raised one of her well manicured eyebrows.

"Humor me."

Aurora sighed. "I was moving my belonging from the Starfleet Dorms to my quarters aboard my first assignment. It was nothing really."

"Are you concerned with our being assigned to the Tiberious?"

"Should I be? Are you planning on abandoning me for some faster sleeker shuttle?" She asked sarcastically as she trimmed the heading a few degrees to save them a few minutes of travel time.

Aeric laughed. While it would have probably been better to have an EMH installed aboard the ship, he perfered someone that could actually help him fine tune the vessel. Aurora wasn't new technology but an adaption of already standard systems into a holomatrix platform. Aurora replaced the standard automated systems and were the standard automation systems. When she was active, she was could function as a full member of the crew and when she wasn't, she was the ghost in the machine, the voice that people often took for granted on other starships.

"When we get closer, I'll open a channel to the Tiberious and transmit my orders."

"Could I suggest a flyby on approach? I think that they should be given an idea on what they are getting with us."

"Suggestion noted and denied. We will let our work speak for itself. Initiate a level 10 security lockout on all classified systems, authorization Zed-Omega-Six-Six-Alpha-Two-Beta-Nine."

"Classified specifications now secured." She said. "I'm also going to switch off and run diagnostics on the hologrid, I've been experiencing slight fluctuations with emitters alpha-17 through alpha-23. I could bypass to beta emitters, but I would like us to arrive in a close to perfect condition as possible."

Aurora's holoform faded and Aeric found himself alone in the cockpit.

"Computer open personal log...." Aeric started. If the past was any clue of the future then he was going to enjoy his first full time assignment on a starship. Hopefully the Tiberious was as agile as the Akira was.