• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Don't forget to tells us about yourself

Started by Rico, January 31, 2006, 07:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stansnig

Welcome Hunter &  Owen - David Eddings cool. Tried any David Gemmell?
stansnig

DrKankles

I finally got of my lazy butt and joined.  Been listening for about 3 years, but still haven't quite caught up.  Love the show and Rico's deep love of all t hings Sci-Fi, even if they stink.  I've also found the MASH podcast via Treks in SciFi so thanks for that.  Later

Jeff  :usflag

Rico

Welcome to the fun!

P.S.  What deep, SF love do I have for something that stinks?  Everything SF that I love is awesome - of course!  ;)

turtlesrock

ElfManDan

moyer777

Hi Jeff, nice to meet you!  Hope you enjoy the forums!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jstrat96

Hi there.  Just joined the forums.  Found the podcast a couple of years ago and finally decided to join.  Love the podcast and been listening to the archives trying to catch up.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Live here in Rico's old stomping ground....Rockford,IL

Bromptonboy

Pete

Meds

QuadShot

Welcome Jstrat96. You're going to enjoy the discussions here. A great group....

Ensign Random

Welcome, Jstrat96. I just joined recently and I find it to be a really neat forum.
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com
@mrsbookmark

turtlesrock

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Coda

Hey all,

Wanted to introduce myself.  I've been a scifi fan since I watched TOS as a kid, then Space 1999 (had several Eagle models cause the darn landing gears kept breaking off).  Then from then on it snowballed to Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, ST movies, Lost in Space, Robotech (Macross), almost anything that had to do with space or time travel.

Also read alot of books by Asimov, Clarke, Hawke, Heinlein, Brin, and countless others I can't think of at the moment.  Also played in a TNG-universe Play By Email Game for a long time. It was the very first PBEM game centered around a Starfleet Intelligence covert operations unit.  It was different from everything else out there at the time and decided to give it a try.  Ended up playing for 9 years.  Also played in a Stargate SG-1 PBEM until that ended after 5 years.  Got married, all PBEM playing came to an end.  Ha ha!

I love talking scifi.  Sad that I can't keep up with all the sci fi shows.  Ashamed that I haven't watched Enterprise yet, nor Firefly, nor Torchwood, nor Supernatural, nor Heroes, nor Dr. Who, nor SGU, or finished The 4400.  I didn't even finish watching the last season of The X-Files.  Please don't punish me!

Favorite time travel books: Time Wars series
Favorite fantasy books: Dragonlance, Shannara, the Forgotten Realms Dark Elf series
Favorite sci fi books: Uplift Wars, Rama, 2001 Odyssey by Clarke, Asimov robot series, Foundation series

I'm glad to be here with all of you!