• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

How do I play the podcasts?

Started by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, June 17, 2007, 11:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

How do I play the podcasts?  I went to the latest podcast, got to the podcast page, clicked on the MP3 podcast link that opened in a new window, and... absolutely nothing happens, I get a blank page. :blink

Rico

Well, how do you normally get it?  There many ways to do it.  Let me list them.....

1st :  Subscribe via iTunes (this is the easiest way).  The second the show goes up you can then get it here.
2nd:  Direct file download.  I post the link in the podcast notes each week.  A copy of the notes gets sent to each forum member too.
3rd:   Play the file directly via the main www.treksf.com web page.  Either using the Podcast player feature, or the little iPod Nano player on the right side.

You can also find the listing of shows on Podcast Alley, the Yahoo Podcast page, etc.  But those take a bit to update and catch up to the latest show.

Hope that helps.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Quote from: Rico on June 17, 2007, 11:45:21 AM
2nd:  Direct file download.  I post the link in the podcast notes each week.  A copy of the notes gets sent to each forum member too.
I tried this and it works, thanks! :biggrin

Trekkygeek

I would have to recommend Itunes CJLP. I consider this the easiest way. The podcast (along with others you may have subscribed to) will automatically download every time you open Itunes. No need to manually do it. Simple and effective, hope this helps. :)
Also, this way, you can download the back editions. This is how I did it. I found the podcast about 70 episodes into its run, I downloaded the entire back catalogue and listened to it all over the next few weeks. If you do this, it really helps to get a feeling for the podcast and its forum members. I cannot recommend it highly enough.  ;)
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"