Sliders

Started by Feathers, November 29, 2008, 02:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

Beer! LOVE the name! Oh man, I loved Sliders. But you're right Rico, the last season especially was pretty bad. When Jerry O'Connell left, it really suffered. I have the first three seasons on my iPod and watch at least two or three episodes a week! :)

AtlantisAngel

I think I'm too young to really remember 'Sliders' but from what I can recall I think there was an episode when they were in Russia (maybe I dunno) and San Francisco in a parallel universe. Again, too young but there are fragments. 
Captain Kathryn Janeway: [entering the mess hall] Coffee, black.
Neelix: Uh, sorry, Captain. We lost two more replicators this morning...
Captain Kathryn Janeway: Listen to me very carefully, because I'm only going to say this once: Coffee. Black.
Neelix: Yes, ma'am.

QuadShot

Quote from: AtlantisAngel on July 14, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
I think I'm too young to really remember 'Sliders' but from what I can recall I think there was an episode when they were in Russia (maybe I dunno) and San Francisco in a parallel universe. Again, too young but there are fragments. 

Oh, get out of here! :) Rico, isn't there an age limit here?  I mean, too young to remember Sliders? I'd understand if it was "I'm too  young to remember Lost In Space" (the series), but SLIDERS?!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: QuadShot on July 14, 2010, 01:01:58 PM

Oh, get out of here! :) Rico, isn't there an age limit here?  I mean, too young to remember Sliders? I'd understand if it was "I'm too  young to remember Lost In Space" (the series), but SLIDERS?!

I know doesn't that make you feel old!!

QuadShot

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on July 14, 2010, 01:40:25 PM

As if having my 19 year old college student daughter here for a week hadn't made me feel old enough yet!

Vartok

Didn't remember much of the episodes but now up to Season 1 episode 5 on Hulu - they are holding up pretty good, in a campy sort of way.  Give it a watch!

V

AtlantisAngel

Quote from: QuadShot on July 14, 2010, 02:29:21 PM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on July 14, 2010, 01:40:25 PM

As if having my 19 year old college student daughter here for a week hadn't made me feel old enough yet!

Hush your mouths. I'm 23 in nine days, that's scary enough! And if it's any consolation, I'll try and download Sliders... See if I can remember any of it. It's not like I never watched Space 1999, Buck Rogers or UFO
Captain Kathryn Janeway: [entering the mess hall] Coffee, black.
Neelix: Uh, sorry, Captain. We lost two more replicators this morning...
Captain Kathryn Janeway: Listen to me very carefully, because I'm only going to say this once: Coffee. Black.
Neelix: Yes, ma'am.

Four Lights

I'm not even too young for sliders :P I'm only 20! :)

I remember it live actually... wow... I was like 5.
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

Feathers

Quote from: Four Lights on July 18, 2010, 10:28:37 PM
I'm not even too young for sliders :P I'm only 20! :)

I remember it live actually... wow... I was like 5.

I blame your parents...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

QuadShot

Geez, now I feel old. Thanks! :)

Rico

I know my kids remember me watching it too and saw some of it from time to time.  And we are NOT old!  :)

alanp

There is no reason for anyone to think/feel old.  It doesn't do any good.  Ted Nugent and Ric Flair prove that we can be 17 years old all the way into our 60s and probably longer than that.

QuadShot

Well, ok. So my MIND is young (shhh, no comments), but my BODY feels old.  How's that? :) I mean, 2 knee surgeries, hand surger, 3 shoulder surgeries (the last resulting in total replacement) all in 6 years...can weigh on the body a bit! :):)

beer

For me things always seem to come back around to George R.R. Martin.

Sliders fans may be interested in the latest about GRRMs old "Doorways" series just posted at http://grrm.livejournal.com/167246.html

And note the last paragraph where he mentions Sliders ... I wonder if there was some drama in there somewhere back in time.