• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Traveler & Pirate master

Started by moyer777, June 01, 2007, 10:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Did anyone catch Traveler?  Man, we really got hooked right off the bat!  Two good shows in a row.  Can't wait to see what happens. 

My son caught pirate master.  Oh my.  Another Survivor rip off, a little corny for my taste.

what say you??

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

I saw the First Traveler, but missed the second, will have to check and see if I can find it on the Torrents. Was happy to see the fellow who played Major Hayes on Enterprise was on the show.

Ktrek

I haven't heard about Traveler. What's the premise?

As for the Pirates show I can't even stand the commercials let alone spend weeks watching a scripted reality show that looks awful!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

Traveler is about three college buddies that go on a road trip with each other, during their excursion they start to pull a prank prompted by one of them named Will Traveler.  The only problem is, it isn't a prank and everything goes south really quick.

I don't want to say anymore, other than it was intense from the get go.

Here is what the website posted:

How well do you know your friends? Would you bet your life on it? After spending every minute of the last two years living, working, and partying together, grad-school students Jay Burchell, Tyler Fog and Will Traveler depart on a cross-country road trip. But when an innocent prank at one of New York's oldest art museums coincides with the bombing of the iconic building, Jay and Tyler are blamed for the terrorist attack and realize that their "friend" Will may have been the one who framed them. Unable to find Will or any evidence that the Will Traveler they knew even existed, Jay and Tyler are forced to flee the city and go on the run.

Now, hunted by the F.B.I. as domestic terrorists, the friends must rely on each other to elude capture, while trying desperately to prove their innocence by answering two questions -- Who is Will Traveler? Why did he do this to them? Jay and Tyler search for clues both in the present and the past, and slowly unravel a conspiracy that involves their friends and family members and calls into question the very nature of American democracy.

Director David Nutter, who has defined many hit series including "The X-Files," "Without a Trace" and "Supernatural," along with the writer of "Eight Below" (David DiGilio) and the Oscar-winning producers of "American Beauty" (Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen), combine "The Fugitive" and "Enemy of the State" into a taut, tense thriller about innocents on the run. This action-packed drama taps into 21st century paranoia with provocative themes, complex characters and pure adrenaline-fueled entertainment.

The website is http://abc.go.com/primetime/traveler/index

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

iceman

I saw Pirate master and even the critics hated it, it was reall at best a very bad imitation of survivor. I say it will be yanked fairly quickly.

Ktrek

The Traveler sounds interesting enough to check out! Thanks Rick for the info! and I'll avoid Pirate Master like the plague it appeared to be!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine