• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Why do you think ENT didn't do well?

Started by Hancider, June 01, 2007, 06:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

Is it?  I don't see people saying they're are too many CSI or Law & Order shows.  I don't see people saying there are too many DC or Marvel comic book super heroes.

Well, there are.  Three Law/Order shows, three CSI shows ?   I watched the original shows regularly but they have gone off the deep end.   I always held that TV/movies should be an escape from reality -- not remind you of it.   I like a variety of shows - emphasize variety.  I don't read comics so I can't comment.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

My point is, each Law & Order and CSI is a huge success, so clearly oversaturation alone will not kill a franchise.  As for comic books, I don't read them either.  However, thanks to comic book movies, I've discovered that there over a dozen super heoes, each with their own comic book series.

I prefer TV/movies to be realistic, but it depends on the genre.  Action, adventure, drama, these should be realistic.  Science-fiction works best when realistic.  It can be set in space with aliens and stuff and still be somewhat realistic.  Fantasy, by nature, requires realism to be thrown to the wind.  I watch that when I want to let my imagination fly.

I prefer variety in movies.  In TV, I prefer to watch spin-offs.  Why spin-offs instead of originals?  Most original television bores me silly.  Infact, the only fictional shows I watch are Star Trek (all 5 shows), Stargate (both shows), and Firefly.