• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

STAR WARS: Legacy Specials on the History Channel on Memorial Day, 5/28

Started by Rico, May 22, 2007, 03:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Looks like the History Channel will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars in a big way.  Three new specials will air next Monday (Memorial day) from 8-midnight.  Here are the details:

08:00 PM             Star Wars Tech:

Take a look at the technology shown throughout the six Star Wars films and examine their viability through the eyes of cold hard science. Could a Death Star really be built? Can you build an army of clones? What is 3-D imaging, and where the can you get a Light Saber? Travel to a galaxy far, far away to answer all of these questions and more.
TVPG

09:00 PM       Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed:

The story of Anakin Skywalker's descent into darkness and his son Luke's quest to conquer evil has spellbound audiences for 30 years. The reason for this is simple: the saga of Star Wars is universal and firmly rooted in the mythology and the political history of the entire planet. May 2007 will mark the 30th anniversary of George Lucas' space fantasy that grossed billions worldwide. For the first time take a profound look at the serious subtext behind Lucas' six film milestone. The influence of ancient mythology from Greek legends to King Arthur is visible; but also more recent historical influences, from the political rise of Napoleon to the machinations of Adolf Hitler can be seen.
TVPG

11:00 PM       Star Wars Tech:

Take a look at the technology shown throughout the six Star Wars films and examine their viability through the eyes of cold hard science. Could a Death Star really be built? Can you build an army of clones? What is 3-D imaging, and where the can you get a Light Saber? Travel to a galaxy far, far away to answer all of these questions and more.

Looking forward to it!

Geekyfanboy

Cool.. can't wait to see those.. do we know what the third speical is?

Rico

Ooops, I goofed.  It's just 2 specials over three hours.  The one at 11pm is a repeat of the 8 pm one.

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Geekyfanboy

Just finished watching these.. the Tech one was cool but the Legacy one was AWESOME!!!  So much great information and they had some really good interviews. I knew some of the stuff they were talking about but some of it I hadn't a clue. 

moyer777

I watched them both.  I liked the second one best.  Man, talk about going in depth.  I kept thinking...  either George is brilliant, or he just lucked out.  :)

Good stuff. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

yeah I don't think everything they said George planned out. I'm sure some of it was planned but some of it was just coincident.  And some of the theories were just stretched a bit to make them fit.... But I agree.. the second special was a lot better.

Hancider

Yeah moyer I think your second guess is a little closer to the mark than your first LOL.  Anyways I watched a little of the second special.  It was ok though a lot of it was stuff that you pretty much knew already if you were a long time fan but it was still interesting especially the part about Anakin's fall and the prequel trilogy.  I don't know sometimes they got a little too deep for me on some things.  I like to keep my Star Wars light and with as much Han Solo as possible LOL.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.