• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars DVD

Started by space_invader64, May 29, 2007, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

I have the DVD from the release from a couple of years ago and I saw one at walmart with totally different packaging.

Is this a release comperable to the VHS versions of the film?  I was hoping to find a DVD that was pretty close to the original versions without all the recent fixes.

Rico

I think it was last fall that they released the editions as originally seen in the theaters.  Check the fine print on the packaging to make sure.

Geekyfanboy

There are several different versions of the movies on DVD. They released 4, 5 and 6 special edition first and recently they released  4, 5 and 6 original releases.

jedijeff

The releases from last year, was the special Editions, with the Original Releases included as well as a bonus. They were sold seperately(except if you Bought from Bestbuy with the Collector tin). Unless you really want the Original Releases on DVD, the set you have is fine. I know for myself, I prefer watching the special editions.