• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

What was your first reaction when you heard George Taki was gay?

Started by space_invader64, May 25, 2007, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

Dan M

Didn't care.  My interest in the personal lives of the actors of Trek extends only to their availability for filming.

Rico

No big deal to me.  I've know people of both types and it really doesn't matter.  What matters is what they are like as a human being.  The times I've seen George he always has been funny and gracious with the fans.  He's a great guy.

Darth Gaos

I think my thought process may have been........

"Really?  Sulu?......Hmm....I hope he gets to use whatever kickass power  he has in Heroes soon."

in other words, I am usually a "whatever" type of person when it comes things like this.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Locutus

Well, I was listening to Howard Stern, and it was years before Takai came out, and I thought, Of course he is. So?

To me it was like have a big reveal that ... drumroll .... Toast ... is really .... WARM BREAD! Thank you very much! Thank you!
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Q

It was slightly shocking...... So I guess he was happy being around the boys.... LOL
"If it wasn't for us [SG-1], you would have a snake up your head instead of your head up your ***." -Colonel O'Neil

psikeyhackr

Aw man, that was so annoying!

Now I can't watch this scene without thinking of that.

Mirror, Mirror is definitely my fave TOS episode.

psik
Andre Norton does it better than J.K.Rowling

moyer777

Mirror Mirror is my favorite too. 

Just watched it last night.

Have you ever listened to Spock's Beard?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Locutus

Quote from: psikeyhackr on June 02, 2007, 08:49:36 PM
Aw man, that was so annoying!

Now I can't watch this scene without thinking of that.

Mirror, Mirror is definitely my fave TOS episode.

psik

Then it should make perfect sense. Mirror universe, not gay/regular universe, gay. There, is that better? :)

Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Ktrek

Quote from: Locutus on June 04, 2007, 09:09:32 AM
Then it should make perfect sense. Mirror universe, not gay/regular universe, gay. There, is that better? :)

The problem with that is in the "regular" universe he is obviously attracted to Lieutenant Ilia in STTMP! :boxing

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

Gentlemen, some of these posts, though clearly in good fun, could be taken with some offense by others, be careful to keep the jocularity respectful of anyone's personal preferences. :)

Geekyfanboy

:) Thanks for that post Bryan.. I have been really good at biting my tongue with some of these comments.  I have to keep telling myself it's all in good fun.. but sometimes it's tough. 

Ktrek

I certainly meant no offense Kenny but was only pointing out an inconsistency in Locutus' reasoning. My apologies!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Yeah, keep it respectful please.  One thing to keep in mind, is a little thing called ACTING.  Actors constantly have to pretend to love or even hate someone else in a TV show, movie, stage, etc.  No matter what their real life preferences are, they create a character based on the script and direction they are given.  I mean look at all the alien women Kirk jumped into bed with.  Does that mean Shatner is like that in real life? 

Anyway, always keep in mind the Vulcan IDIC idea.  Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.  I've had the chance to see that quite a bit recently with my travels overseas. 

Bryancd

Ummm, yeah, Shatner probably is like that in real life, Rico.... ;)