• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

What did you think of the Shatner roast?

Started by space_invader64, May 25, 2007, 06:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

jedijeff

To be honest, I found the humour really crude, and everyone seemed to tell the same variety of jokes. After the first couple of roasters, I got really tired. Did not think the show was worthy of the Captains chair, or any of the Treks actors time. A lot of the Jokes seemed more hurtful then funny.

moyer777

We turned it off after the first ten minutes.  It made me sad.  I'm just not in to that kind of humor and I wanted to remember the good parts of star trek and shatner, not all the other junk that was being said, plus I would have had to explain too much to my kids, wasn't suitable for the family, so .. CLICK.

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ori-STUDFARM

This is currently being shown on UK Television. We had 3 of our own "roastings" in the week. Started with Bruce Forsyth, followed by Sharon Osbourne (???!!) and ended with Chris Tarrant (who is famous for Millionare and Tiswas. If you don't know Tiswas, blame Meds for not having done a Waffle about it yet!! :))

I'm not sure if I'll enjoy this Shatner one....the others were funny at times....but mostly just uncomfortable. For everyone!

ori-STUDFARM

I've actually turned it off....

I like crude humour....but unless everyone is in on the joke, it just becomes uncomfortable. Speaking like this about people you have never met goes over the line for me!

Meds

I've recorded the Shatner roast ( oh it just sounds so uncomfortable saying that considering what it means over here and I don't mean cooking)
The three Brit ones I saw ( that Antony mentioned above) have been pretty good on the humour especially the Bruce Forsyth one mainly because you could tell the spirit of the occasion was understood, probably why Bruce gavecas good as he got.  Ah Tizwas yes will be doing that soon. :)