• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars: Tales of the New Republic - CG Animated

Started by Dan M, May 23, 2007, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well it finally downloaded... WOW!!!!! this looks great... it's a trailer for a new animated series Tales of the New Republic. At the end it says Coming Soon... then a big ? pops up. I still don't have a clue if this is real or a really good fan made trailer.  Either way I hope this is a real series.

Dan M

I'm conflicted.  The sketchier animation, IMO, is the first stuff from the PT era.  That'd make sense if it was animated just for the trailer.  So, the post ROTJ stuff looking so nice makes me feel it's real.

But the "Coming Soon?" makes me think it's a fan-made trailer, maybe for a project we'll never seen.

Also, I'd feel a little more confident about it if we heard some dialogue.

I wonder how long we're going to have to wait to hear more.

Dan M

Did anyone save the QT file?  They've replaced it with a link to YouTube.  I'm guessing there were bandwidth/traffic issues.  (Another sign that it's probably fan-made.)

jedijeff

Rico

Jeff, that link isn't working for me....

I put it on You Tube too....LOL

[youtube=425,350]N2TmgabRsJE[/youtube]

It seems to be all over You Tube now.  And I even searched before I put it up.  Oh, well.....

:starwars:

jedijeff

Thansk Rico, I was trying to add it, but it kept coming up blank for me. From watching it, looks like a fan production to me.

Geekyfanboy

I downloaded it last night and it took forever.. but I have a QT of it if anyone wants it. I think it's a fan made one.. I mean if it was offical we would have heard about it.

Dan M

This is apparently a production of Dave School, a 3D animation school in Florida.

They did a great Batman Minimates movie with Adam West and Mark Hamill: http://www.daveschool.com/MoviePages/Batman/Screen_Batman.html

And they did the X-Men: Dark Tide movie that shipped with a recent X-Men Minimates boxed set: http://www.daveschool.com/MoviePages/X-Men/X-MenViewer.htm