• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

TNG - Hollow Pursuits

Started by Duffster, May 23, 2007, 04:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

I have been re-watching all the TNG episodes in the morning during my workout, and have been loving it. Many of them I haven't seen since their  original air date.

Hollow Pursuits is one of the ones I don't remember seeing, but for the one time it originally aired. I almost fell off my elliptical when Picard uttered the  words "I will be anticipating reading your report Mr. Broccoli" and the look Picard had on his face as he realized what he said. :borg :borg. I had totally forgot about that scene.

This just reminds me of how much I like this series. The interactions of the crew, the humor. I am really enjoying this re-watching of the episodes, especially since I am now in the meat of season 3, which is where I think TNG really started hitting it's stride.

Duffster

Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

Yep - that's a great episode and one I need to cover on the Podcast sometime.

moyer777

That is one of our families favorite episodes.  I still laugh my butt off when Picard says that!  I think Reg was a great character in the series and am glad they brought him over into Voyager.  He was comical but believable, in fact I know some people that are like him in personality.  The whole Hollow deck cocept just rocks.

:lamo

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Loved this episode and you are right Moyer... I couldn't imagine TNG without the Holodecks.. whoever thought of that was genius.

moyer777

I had read somewhere that Gene had come up with that, but I can't remember.

Does anyone know?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Holodecks were conceived even back when TOS was on.  I'm not sure if it was Gene or not, but they did want to do something like a holodeck in TOS, but it was obviously too expensive.  They did first use one in an animated episode of the series and then of course in TNG fairly often.

Jobydrone

I read that there were plans to use the holodeck concept in Star Trek Phase II and were even scripted and ready to go but got shelved when the series was scrapped.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx