News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek: Of Gods And Men - tiny spoilers

Started by the_wasd_man, April 14, 2007, 12:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystabel

Quote from: Poodyglitz on April 17, 2007, 06:36:51 AM
Cool. Nice to see her staying in character. :-)

Thank you!  That was one of the things that drove me crazy when I looked at all my photos from that day...I was the only one who stayed in character all the time.  Vulcans don't smile!  I will admit that I did smile when photographed with Cirroc...he was just so cute that I couldn't help it!  LOL!
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Chrystabel on April 17, 2007, 10:39:14 PMThank you!  That was one of the things that drove me crazy when I looked at all my photos from that day...I was the only one who stayed in character all the time.  Vulcans don't smile!  I will admit that I did smile when photographed with Cirroc...he was just so cute that I couldn't help it!  LOL!

As Tavis Smiley would say, "I ain't mad at you!" :-)

Darkmolerman

lol i am confused, very confused
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

wraith1701

There has been another new Star Trek film in the works for a while now- A fan film called Of Gods And Men.  This film features many familiar faces from the TOS and TNG eras, including Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nicols, Tim Russ, Alen Ruck (Capt. Harriman from Star Trek: Generations), J.G. Hertzler (Martok from DS9), Chase Masterson (also from DS9), and others.  Here is a short trailer-

...and a clip from the first act-

Anyone out there heard of this?

Geekyfanboy

Hey Wraith,

Yeah we have been talking about this for a while... there is another thread about this under the Star Trek section. I'm going to merge these two topics.

Rico

Yes - I've been watching and waiting for it for awhile now.  Last I heard the first part should be out around Christmas time.

KingIsaacLinksr

O.o is that made similar to Star Trek New Voyages?  Or is it an independent version of them.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

It's a separate production, but still of high quality.  The biggest difference seems to be Tim Russ recruited a lot of Trek actors to be in the "Of Gods and Men" production. 

wraith1701

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on October 25, 2007, 07:39:20 AM
Hey Wraith,

Yeah we have been talking about this for a while... there is another thread about this under the Star Trek section. I'm going to merge these two topics.

Oops; sorry about that!  I should have known that this film had come up here; thanks for the thread-merge.

I'm really looking forward to the completion of this mini-series!

QuoteIt's a separate production, but still of high quality.  The biggest difference seems to be Tim Russ recruited a lot of Trek actors to be in the "Of Gods and Men" production.
Yeah; I dig the fact that we see some familiar faces in this.:)  I know that this and New Voyages are considered "non-cannon", but seeing actors reprising their Trek roles helps lend the films a sense of validity. 

My knowledge of Of Gods And Men is kind of limited, but it seems as though the alternate universe in this film is an entirely separate reality from the canon Mirror Universe.    Mirror Universe Mk. II?

Chrystabel

The official ST:OG&M site (http://startrekofgodsandmen.com/) recently announced that the release date for part 1 will be December 22!  Nothing like being a year late!  LOL!  I'm in it, and I'm almost to the point where I don't care anymore.  Almost!
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Rico

Nice to see you Amy.  We will have to chat in say January sometime about it over Skype.

Ktrek

I guess Tim Russ is finally giving up on the idea of Paramount letting his make Ferengi profit off the project. A year ago I was a lot more excited to see this film but now... eh!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

iceman

Boothanew

wow..seems interesting. I'm glad to see Tuvok :D
You should look at my full list before judging my musical taste...i'm quite eclectic.

Geekyfanboy

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men — Part 1 Tomorrow

The Tim Russ online 3-part miniseries "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men" (STOGM) will see its Part One premiere take place in just 1 day on December 22, 2007 at 5:01PM EST.

This unique look at the Star Trek universe is directed by Russ, famous for his role as the Vulcan Tukok on "Star Trek: Voyager," which ran for seven years.

STOGM also stars a whole array of fine actors, most from past Star Trek series' or movies including legends like Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Grace Lee Whitney and Lawrence Montaigne from classic Trek. Other Trek stars include Alan Ruck from "Star Trek VII: Generations," Ethan Phillips (ST: VOY), Gary Graham (ST: ENT), Garrett Wang (ST: VOY), Chase Masterson (ST: DS9), Cirroc Lofton (ST: DS9), J.G. Hertzler (Various Trek shows), Jack Donner (ST: ENT) and three special guests from "Star Trek New Voyages" have roles as well — James Cawley, Jeffery Quinn and John Carrigan.

The events of STOGM take place about 12 years after James T. Kirk goes missing in the Nexus. It's now forty years after their first mission on the old USS NCC-1701 Enterprise and Chekov, Uhura, and former captain of the USS Enterprise B, John Harriman, are once again joined together for the dedication of a special new vessel. Reminicent of the last time Harriman met with those classic officers from Starfleet's past, their ship's christening is curtailed after receiving a distress call from an all-too-familiar planet, where they meet up with an almost-forgotten face, and in an instant something happens that presses the three friends to embark on a mission that will forever change their lives and the fate of the universe.

And what of the other legendary crew members of classic Trek? Captain Spock and Doctor McCoy have spent the last several years on Khitomer, continuing their work to establish peace between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, though it is wondered if they will ever establish peace between themselves. Captain Hikaru Sulu and his Excelsior crew are on an extended mission beyond the outer reaches of the Alpha Quadrant.

"Star Trek: Of Gods and Men," is an original production from Tim Russ, produced by Sky Conway and story written by Ethan H. Calk, Sky Douglas Conway and Jack Treviño.