• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Best Trek Finale...

Started by markinro, March 24, 2007, 05:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

I just don't agree with the hubbub over the Enterprise finale.  I wonder if the people that complained the loudest were also the people that were most upset that the show ended prematurely.  I thought it was a fine episode, on par with anything else that show did over the years it aired.  And loving TNG the way I do, I was thrilled to see Riker and Troi back again even if it was only for a few scenes. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

I'm not a huge fan of DS9's finale. It left me kind of..huh. It was appropriate for the tone and nature of the show, but moved just a bit too far into mysticism for my Trek preference. Voyagers finale was good fun and high adventure, but I think TNG gets the nod combining both an interesting story as well as an exciting one. Enterprise was forgetable.

X

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on May 06, 2011, 06:53:56 AM
I just don't agree with the hubbub over the Enterprise finale.  I wonder if the people that complained the loudest were also the people that were most upset that the show ended prematurely.  I thought it was a fine episode, on par with anything else that show did over the years it aired.  And loving TNG the way I do, I was thrilled to see Riker and Troi back again even if it was only for a few scenes. 
Actually, some of the cast also complained about the Finale as well. This was supposed to be their send off, premature or not, and it became a lost TNG episode.

Jobydrone

Quote from: X on May 06, 2011, 07:14:44 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on May 06, 2011, 06:53:56 AM
Actually, some of the cast also complained about the Finale as well. This was supposed to be their send off, premature or not, and it became a lost TNG episode.
Right, I remember all that from the time it happened.  Like I said though, emotions were running high, the cast losing their jobs, a beloved show leaving the air.  For me the reality of that episode was more solid than simply a lost TNG ep, and it didn't invalidate my enjoyment of Enterprise in any way.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

stonut

I read an interview with Scot Bakula the other day, where he said that they where informed of the fact that they where the next movie franchise.
Guess getting cancelled put paid to that.

the_geeky_one

TNG--I liked that the series started and ended with Q.  It felt like the show went full circle that way.  Also, even in the last ep there was character growth with Picard realizing he can hang out with his command crew.

ENT--I was disappointed when the show was cancelled as it was finally getting good.  I enjoyed the final but with the book relaunch it changed everything...

VOY--I absolutely hated this final.  The whole Seven/ Chakotay thing was just wrong and I swear came out of left field.  Baby born during a crisis...hmm why does that story line seem so familiar?  It also left me feeling unsettled because since they changed the time line the future will be different.  The relaunch into books has been far more satisfying than this final ep.

DS9--I don't think I've seen the final for this one.

turtlesrock

note to self: watch "all good things"! ;)

bevs_plaything

DS9 for me!  When DS9 first hit the air I was not my favourite show, but the show and it's characters really grew on me, and it became, in my opinion, the most 'human' Star Trek. 

The evolution of the characters, how they changed and adapted to life really intrigued me.  For example Kira, in The Emissary she was a Cardasian hating solider, but early on in the first season episode Duet she began to realise that not all Cardasians were blood thirsty monsters!  By the end of season 7 she was even fighting along side them to free their homeworld!

I am not afraid to admit that I found the series finale quite moving in places!