What's everyone reading?

Started by Rico, March 15, 2007, 05:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Star Trek TNG RESISTANCE and also Q&A

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

If you read past this then don't blame me!

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

You still wanna read?

I finally finished "Resistance" after about 15 times of trying to get through it! Yeesh! I really hated the whole Picard becoming Locutus again. It was just too improbable that Worf and Beverly would have even allowed Picard to do such a thing. The details of the rescue attempt was well written but the Borg queens demise seemed really anti-climatic. All in all I would give Resistance 2 out of 5 stars.

"Q&A" on the other hand I could not put down. It was a very fun read and very well structured. If I had a complaint it would be only one... If Picard was so affected the first time he was assimilated by the Borg how is it that there seems to be no repercussions of his latest assimilation? After all, the modified nanites did not work (in the book RESISTANCE) and so he basically was Borg again. Q&A picks up mostly as if nothing really happened and Picard is just back at full duty as his old self again. No problem! Outside of that I think the writing of the characters was spot on. The story was imaginative and was most definitely a Q story. I loved how Krad interwove all the Q episodes as to make sense as one whole rather than as random Q appearances. Pure genius KRAD!  KRAD continues to surprise me and always always makes me laugh out loud in his stories and I really appreciate that! I would rate Q&A 4 out of 5 stars

"That's all,folks!"

Kevin

Now on to "Before Dishonor"
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

CaptEnt01

Just finished Before Dishonor and this is Peter David at his finest, with good story, and great humor.  *SPOILER* You may want to check out David's Vendetta for some background on this one.  All - star lineup, and wraps up (for a while, I hope, I pray to Q) the Borg story line.

Hope everyone enjoys this book.  I'm on to Burning Dreams! Pike rules, or at least Captains!

Rico

Welcome Capt Ent01!  Nice to see you.