News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Viacom suing Google/YouTube "for $1 Billion Dollars!"

Started by Rico, March 13, 2007, 09:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

MrO, MrO, MrO....

I still say good luck to Viacom at putting the genie back in the bottle.  In an ideal world I agree with you.  But the world is not ideal and I'm a realist.  We shall see how this all works out in the end.

MrOsterman

Quote from: Rico on March 15, 2007, 04:14:21 PM
MrO, MrO, MrO....

I still say good luck to Viacom at putting the genie back in the bottle.  In an ideal world I agree with you.  But the world is not ideal and I'm a realist.  We shall see how this all works out in the end.

You're totally right.  I just wish I knew my rules of acquisition well enough to be able to quote one here.  :)

It will be hard to stop the sharing of videos on the Internet, now that this phase of sharing has been reached.

I wonder if this was what forums would have looked like if we had had the internet when the Xerox machine was first introduced.

Mr. O

The IC

I found an interesting article on Ars Technica

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070319-infringing-videos-on-ifilm-could-cause-problems-for-viacom.html

QuoteEven as Viacom sues YouTube for what it describes as "brazen" copyright infringement, some of Viacom's own dirty copyright laundry is being aired. Ars searched one Viacom propertyâ€"iFilm, which was acquired by Viacom in 2005â€"and found several instances of infringing video hosted by iFilmâ€"content for which Viacom does not own the copyright.

Perhaps Viacom should clean up it's own act before accusing others of doing what it is doing.