• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Blood +" Anime TV series

Started by Rico, March 10, 2007, 07:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Starting tonight (in the States at least) on the Cartoon Network during Adult Swim is a Anime show called "Blood +."  Shows at like 12:30am for me (very early Sunday morning).  It looks like kind of a typical anime:  swords, young girls, magic, fantasy elements.  I'm going to check it out.  Here's the opening theme:

[youtube=425,350]sjNH36vPk3E[/youtube]

keozen

Blood + is a continuation from "Blood: The Last Vampire" ("AnimeNfo Link" "Wikkipedia Link") a critically acclaimed anime movie that (if you like anime in any way) you must see.

I've not seen too much of the series itself but the movie is fantastic.

Yeoman Mara

I like some anime and manga.  I'll set up to record this.  Thanks for the info Rico!
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

Rico

I just found the Blood movie on Netflix - adding it to my queue.

comix

I record that block anyway for Bleach and a couple of others so I caught this one on sunday. I thought it looked pretty promising, Lots of blood and guts but that is what I expect from that time block.  :skull  LOL I liked it and will watch a few more to see where it is going.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Chief

Rico, Blood+ is not your average anime series. It is a modern day vampire story with tons of great developed characters and odd situations. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I am almost done with the first season and I really like it.

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Rico

I watched the "Blood: The Last Vampire" movie the other night.  It was kind of short.  Not a lot of details given in it.  I have the first episode of the series on my TIVO.  Going to try and watch it soon.