• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Let's Bring the TrekSF Forum Back!

Started by Jen, March 30, 2019, 11:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Meds and I were talking and we really miss this forum. Let's bring it back. :metallica: How do we do this thing!?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

This makes me happy.  :)

P.S. Let me look into a few things....

Rico

Posted from the Tapatalk app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickPeete

Greetings!  I haven't been on the forum for too long to admit.  This Tapatalk app is okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rico

Yeah - that app is pretty basic. Maybe there's a nicer solution of some kind of new App to make forums in.

Bromptonboy

I was starting to think I was one of the only few still checking the forums.  I will check out tapatalk as well.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 04, 2019, 10:24:19 PM
I was starting to think I was one of the only few still checking the forums.  I will check out tapatalk as well.
I am in using the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pete

X

Quote from: Jen on March 30, 2019, 11:13:48 AM
Meds and I were talking and we really miss this forum. Let's bring it back. :metallica: How do we do this thing!?
I too have missed the forums. I find it odd that so many people are replying. I am beginning to think that a lot of us never left, but stopped posting when the Emperor rose to power ... the Emperor being Facebook.

Rico

Just easier to do Facebook these days for many people.  But it has it's drawbacks.  Mainly you can't really have a long term conversation or talk about a subject.  Post it and it's gone soon on Facebook.

Bromptonboy

Agreed.  Plus it is easier to to have spoiler discussions here on the forums.
Pete

Meds

Hello. As Jen said I do miss the forum a lot as it's more personal.

Rico

Quote from: Meds on July 03, 2019, 11:50:39 AM
Hello. As Jen said I do miss the forum a lot as it's more personal.

Yes - indeed!

Meds

I'm going to check out this app thingy everyone mentions as at the moment I'm using the phone as a standard web format.

I loved the forum as you could have a good old debate be cheeky and generally have a laugh without feeling you are going to upset the outer public as what can happen on social media.

WillEagle

Quote from: Meds on July 03, 2019, 11:50:39 AM
Hello. As Jen said I do miss the forum a lot as it’s more personal.
I miss the forum too. I an just not a fan of Facebook. My wife is on it enough for the both of us! lol
The last time I was on it was around my Birthday on April 5th. I know I'm missing some good stuff from the Treks in Sci-Fi page and most of the comic shops have face book pages. Which I guess I have been on some of those when I was getting info about some shops.

Scott

I know I'm late to the party. 2 years late. I haven't been here in quite a while. I'm trying to get back in to podcasts after a while being away. Part of it steps from prepping to start my own. But I wouldn't mind the forums being lively again. The only person I interact from here is Kenny (Geekyfanboy). It would be nice to reconnect with others again.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers