• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Magnificent Seven

Started by Bromptonboy, September 26, 2016, 10:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Non-geek, but has anyone seen this remake yet?  I want to hit it this week.  Love the original, and the real original 'Seven Samurai'.
Pete

Rico

Not seen it yet, but I'm planning on it soon.

WillEagle

Watched this on Sunday with the wife, Dad, and Step-mom in one of our newly renovated theaters at the AMC 9. The theater had the big reclining seats and new screens along with new carpet, paint and etc. and it was awesome. It could have been a terrible movie and I still would have enjoyed it. We went to the early show which was under $5! They are still working on the 'snack bar' area and the left side of the theater where there are 4 other screens. So a lot of walls up. I might call the theater though because they said AMC 9 but the numbers on the new side that we went to had up to #11.
So since you asked about the movie I better tell you what I thought. lol Well we all enjoyed it. I'm a big Denzel Washington fan anyway and I really liked Chris Pratt in Jurassic World so that had it going for it. I did think it was a well done movie with such beautifully filmed scenes of the west which were awesome on a theater screen. Will still look nice on a TV but it wouldn't be as cool! I liked the story and felt bad for some things that were happening in the movie. Well put together team of 7. The female lead was very good as well but I don't recall her name or remember her from other shows or movies. I really did like her long red hair too! I was also looking forward to see the 'bad guy' to get what he deserved. I wasn't disappointed. Well worth a visit to the theater for this one. I gave it a 7 out of 10. How could I not give it a 7!

Rico

Thanks Will for the review.  I still want to see this - just been very busy.

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on October 05, 2016, 06:23:32 PM
Thanks Will for the review.  I still want to see this - just been very busy.
You will enjoy it, Rico. You too Bromptonboy!

Bromptonboy

I hope to check it out soon. I just rewatched the original remake (1960) a few days ago - and really enjoyed it.
Pete

sheldor

We saw it last week - fun movie.