• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Podcast #597 - "The Chase" (TNG)

Started by Rico, August 07, 2016, 10:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This week it's a classic style show.  I cover a TNG episode and more. Enjoy!

Podcast Notes:  http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/?p=3889

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_597_The_Chase.mp3

WillEagle

Always enjoy your 'classic' style shows but I wanted to say something about what you said before you got into the episode. I liked what you said about Suicide Squad but I don't think it was better than Batman vs Superman. I liked B vs S better than Squad. Maybe I just like good guys better. Squad was a well done movie and I hope that all the superhero movies do well so they keep doing them. I liked Deadshot probably a little more than Harley even though I thought both actors did a great job. Just my opinion.

Rico

Hey Will, that's all fine and cool.  My biggest trouble with the recent DC films with Superman is I feel they don't have the character down right.  I want the old days Superman where he smiles sometimes, and people trust him, etc.  They are very different movies, but I just felt like I had more fun watching "Suicide Squad."

jedijeff

I remember this TNG episode quite well, and it has been awhile since I had seen it. I must admit, even though I am looking forward to the new Trek series, part of me will feel a bit sad as well. Since these days the trend is more towards less episodes in a season, and each episode is connected to an over all story, will miss episodes like this. I don't think the Chase would have been classified as a throwaway episode or anything like that, just that it sort of was an adventure Picard and the crew went on that was outside of their normal duties. So maybe in the past there were filler episodes which may not have been strong as others, will miss that with this new series a bit. Will have to see Suicide Squad sometime, haven't had the drive for some reason to go, though I am sure I will like it.

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on August 17, 2016, 04:35:03 PM
Hey Will, that's all fine and cool.  My biggest trouble with the recent DC films with Superman is I feel they don't have the character down right.  I want the old days Superman where he smiles sometimes, and people trust him, etc.  They are very different movies, but I just felt like I had more fun watching "Suicide Squad."
I see your point on the comparison between the different Supermen. I like the old days Superman better myself but I have still enjoyed the new movies including Superman Returns. Superman is my favorite DC character so maybe that's why I seem to really enjoy each of the movies.