• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Hello from Mexico

Started by Chief, November 14, 2005, 03:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief

Hello all

My name is Morelos, aka Morex, and sci fi has been with me since I was born back in the 70's.

I started consuming everything sci fi at a very young age because my parents would leave the tv on all day and those were the days where there was no good sci fi except for Star Trek and cheesy Japanese shows like Ultraman and Space Giants. Of course I loved Ultraman because for a little kid it was easier to look at a giant guy bashing rubber monsters than even trying to understand Star Trek episodes.

Then Star Wars came into my life and that pretty much shaped my life. Not only it made me love sci fi but boosted my imagination and creativity because I would spend countless days drawing and writing my own stories.

I live in Mexico City and people here hate stuff that makes you use your brain. That's the main reason why Star Trek was never popular here and re runs were mostly at midnight or too early in the morning, thus I could only see a few episodes. But things changed for me in the 90's when I read that a local network would start running Next Generation. It was Sunday night when I got home after a long video game sessions with my mates, in time to turn on the TV and Encounter At Far Point blew my mind. I got hooked up. Addicted for ever.

In that first episode a very old Dr. McCoy makes a cameo and I realized I needed to see classic Trek but the DVD hadn't been invented so I started renting the Trek movies. Some I could go to the cinema and watch them. That was pretty much my first contact with the classic crew. And I absolutly loved it.

So you begin with Star Wars and end up getting hold on almost every single book, series and movie you see.

That's my life. A geek in a sci fi starved country.

This is why I couldn't be happier about Treks in Sci Fi. This is the perfect show for me. Hope to make great friends here!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Rico

Morelos nice to see you here!  We have spoken on Skype and I'm happy you joined the new forums.  I keep forgetting to mention Skype on the Podcast as another way to get ahold of me.  Again, glad to welcome you to the forum.  And I know we will Skype again soon!

Chief

Thanks, my friend.

I already feel like home. Can't wait for more users to come in.

Mr. Spock

spock

Hi Chief, I listened to the podcast that featured you with Rico. Its great to actually talk to you guys.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Chief

Quote from: spock on November 14, 2005, 07:47:21 AM
Hi Chief, I listened to the podcast that featured you with Rico. Its great to actually talk to you guys.

LOL that wasn't me!!!

Mr. Spock

spock

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS
Sry my bad  when i heard mexico i thought rico's friend.  :-X
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Javert

sorry if im a little late but welcome to the forum

Riskygodfather

ya Javert, O'morex has been on the forum for longer than me, lol.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Javert

that's why i chose him. lol :)