• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Martian

Started by Bromptonboy, September 23, 2015, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Figured I would open a topic for this movie.  I am going to do the book before seeing the movie.
Pete

Rico

Book is fantastic!  Movie is looking great too!

WillEagle

I never read the book but I do want to see the movie when it comes out on Oct. 2.

Rico

Lynn and I saw this today - it was fantastic!  Don't miss this one!

M-5

Saw it before I went to work today.  It's a great movie!  Definitely go see it!

Bromptonboy

I will pick up the pace and finish the book - which I love - then hot foot it over to see the movie. 
Pete

Bromptonboy

Saw this last night (with wife and kids) - we all loved it.  Spent the extra $'s fro 3D - which was nice but no necessary.

I must say the book is better - but the movie still a blast.  I am going to have my kids read the book, since there is a great chemistry lesson cloaked in this story.
Pete

Rico

Glad you liked it.  Books and movies are very different things.  You can't put everything from a book into a film, but I thought they really nailed the essence of this one.  I'd like every kid to see it and read the book to show them that math and science do have a use!  :)

WillEagle

Should be seeing this today with my wife, Dad and step-mom.

ricdude

Bumping this movie to the top of the current list...

Bromptonboy

The book reminds of a Arthur C Clarke - with added 'salty' language
Pete

WillEagle

Our plans fell though to see this last weekend and just to busy this weekend. Gotta go see this soon!!

jedijeff

Saw this movie today and enjoyed it, saw it in 3D, but as noted, probably not necessary, but did like the terrain and the visuals as they kept me in it. Matt Damon seems to really excel in these roles, and I always like when he does a sci-fi movies.

[spoiler]Will admit that I did not find this movie overly suspenseful, as I don't think there was at any point in this movie where I felt the outcome would not be what it was. Even when the Ship decided to go back, I was feeling pretty confident the entire crew would come back.[/spoiler]

moyer777

Really looking forward to this movie... need to find time to get to it.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com