• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Steam Support Group

Started by Jobydrone, September 05, 2015, 07:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

I've read that the first step is to admit that there's a problem. 

My name is Joby, and I am addicted to Steam. 

The problem began when I found these code vendor sites; the one I've been using most is called Kinguin.  I guess the way it works is people buy a bunch of games when they're on sale through Steam (Steam is well known for their regular sales and flash sales where games are deeply discounted) and then resell the codes at a slight markup but still a fantastic price.

As an example, I bought the game Pillars of Eternity, which has a retail price of $44.99 on Steam, for $13.  On Tuesday, I bough the new Mad Max game, selling for $60, for $19.  Just today, I bought the Vanishing of Ethan Carter, usually $20, for $5.

I can't stop buying games.  My new computer is so awesome, and plays everything at blazing speeds without a hitch, and there's hundreds of old games from over the years and new games I see and want to play.  I already have a huge backlog of old games through Playstation Plus and a bunch of disc based games I never finished, I could play video games for  the next year without doing anything else and still not finish everything I currently own.   

I think I need help.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Those are some great prices and games.  Enjoy it!  Embrace the Steamy PC goodness!!!  :)

Jobydrone

Rico!  You enabler!!!  ;D ;D ;D
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ricdude

I know I have an addictive mindset when it comes to video games, so I come to steam cautiously to begin with. Frankly, the only thing saving me from buying tons of games is my OCD "finish one game before starting another one" nature.

I think I'm willing to call myself done with skyrim, now. Unless I feel the need to play the main quest line at legendary in the future...

I've gone a slightly different route lately. I've picked up the Doom BFG edition, and am currently replaying the Doom series, in all of its raytraced pixelated yumminess.

Now, I'll have to remember this "service" when I get the urge to replay/finish all the Lego games I keep leaving half finished when the wii dies...

Jobydrone

Lego Marvel was my favorite since the original Lego Star Wars and the only Lego game I've finished or come close to unlocking everything. Those games are like heroin for obsessive game finishers...you can play for a long time and still have a lot left to do