• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Apple Pay

Started by Bromptonboy, August 11, 2015, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

I have yet to use it, but I have Apple Pay setup with one of my credit cards on my 6 Plus.
2 weeks ago I was contacted by my credit card company - as they thought my card had been compromised.  It was, and they issued me a new card.

Today I remembered that I have to update Apple pay with the new card number on my iPhone.  I went into settings > Apple Pay - and I noticed that the card had already updated!

This surprised me, as it means that my CC company was able to somehow update that information directly.
Pete

ricdude

And people are scared of the NSA...

Seriously, thats somewhere between unexpectedly efficient and creepy. Any chance you used it to buy something online and stored the new card info for later use? Did the Apple Pay form just prefill the data from the most recently saved card?

MARKO

I use it all the time.... no biggy.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

Quote from: ricdude on August 11, 2015, 01:45:39 PM
And people are scared of the NSA...

Seriously, thats somewhere between unexpectedly efficient and creepy. Any chance you used it to buy something online and stored the new card info for later use? Did the Apple Pay form just prefill the data from the most recently saved card?
No I have never used it.  I was just surprised that the update had been made without my interaction - or approval.  Now excuse me while I put on my tinfoil hat..  ;)
Pete

Bromptonboy

Seems like this is a well known feature.  It is both convenient and alarming.
Pete