• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New DC series - "Legends of Tomorrow"

Started by Rico, May 08, 2015, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

DC comics knows how to do great TV.  New series coming...

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/438139-the-cw-greenlights-the-flash-and-arrow-spinoff-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow

In development for some time, The CW's upcoming spinoff of "Arrow" and "The Flash" has officially received both a first season greenlight and a title! Get ready for "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" to showcase some familiar small screen DC Comics characters alongside some brand-new ones! The series, which is expected to debut this fall, is officially described as follows:

When heroes alone are not enough... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" stars Victor Garber ("The Flash," "Alias"), Brandon Routh ("Arrow," Superman Returns), Arthur Darvill ("Doctor Who"), Caity Lotz ("Arrow"), Ciarra Renee ("Pippin"), and Franz Drameh (Edge of Tomorrow), with Dominic Purcell ("The Flash," "Prison Break") and Wentworth Miller ("The Flash," "Prison Break").

WillEagle

Rico

WillEagle

Maybe they should have the TV people making the movies!!!! This show is going to be so awesome. And to make it even better the wife can't wait either!

Rico

This is one of the best promo's I've ever seen done. A perfect blend of live action and comic book style. FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!!!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cQ83S_gMM#ws

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

WillEagle

I got goose bumps watching that! Awesome!

WillEagle

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the JSA episode of Legends of Tomorrow! Really cool to see the JSA characters in live action! Yeah I know they "played around with the lineup but most of them were JSA members just not maybe at the same time. Vixen I don't think she ever was and Stargirl was not around in the 40's. If I remember correctly.
The lineup from Legends were
Hourman
Commander Steel
Vixen
Stargirl
Dr. Mid-Nite
& Obsidian
There are sooooo many characters they could have choose as part of the team from the JSA comics. Here is a short list and some may surprise you.
Wildcat
Black Canary
Sandman
Hawkman
Atom Smasher
Power Girl
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Doctor Fate
& Spectre
I really enjoy these Super-Hero shows! I just wish they would have stayed on Hulu. And after seeing this episode I would love to see a JSA show. And if it was set during WWII even better!!