• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Star Trek: Phase II" - "The Holiest Thing"

Started by Rico, October 27, 2013, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ktrek

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on October 27, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
They've recast Kirk again?

Don't confuse this with "Star Trek: Continues."  James Cawley has been Kirk for several episodes here on New Voyages (now called Phase II) up to this point.  Vic Mognogna plays Kirk on the Continues series.  But to complicate things more I heard Cawley will play Kirk again in Phase II for an episode coming up.

Ktrek

Ok...I guess I was confusing the Star Trek Continues actor with this series. I guess I don't understand why Cawley would recast the role when he has played the role in all the episodes until now. Getting more difficult to keep up with the changes. I think they have had like three different actors for Spock since the series began. I hope the series continues for several more episodes. Too bad they can't release them on DVD though.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

I think Cawley got busy with other stuff. They only film about once a year so it might be hard to keep the same actors.

Rico

I got to see an early cut of this episode because I'm a Kickstarter backer and I enjoyed it.  This one introduces Carol Marcus to Kirk.  I heard they are still working on the post production - especially the sound which is off in places.  But I hope they get it out for everyone to see very soon.