• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

My First Audiobook

Started by Jen, April 01, 2015, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I'm pretty much sharing this everywhere, because it was hard work and I'm proud of it. ;)  I was hired to narrate Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass, just before Comic Con 2014. For a while there, I wasn't sure I was going to finish on time to go to the convention. Now it's on Audible and the performance reviews are pretty good (Shoosh!). It's my first paying book narration, so I had to give myself a little slack. Now I'm talking with an author about narrating her stuff. Working on an Irish accent now in preparation.

Here's a link to the book:

http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_hp_tseft?advsearchKeywords=Jen+Rhodes&filterby=field-keywords&x=0&y=0

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bromptonboy

This is great, Jen - congrats!
Pete

Rico

Super cool!  Another reason to join Audible.  What's the difference between the editions?

Ktrek

Congratulations Jen! Narration is really hard, I know because I've done some in the past, and to now actually have another prospect in the works is great. I wish you all the best in these new adventures.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

davekill

Listened to the samples and your character voices are remarkable!

Good energy, sounds great :)

WillEagle

Awesome! You have a great voice for doing that type of thing. On the Treks in Sci-fi and your podcasts you are always so easy to hear and understand. Good luck with this!!

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

MARKO

Love it!!!!! just purchased.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jen

Thanks, MARKO. I hope you like it. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast