• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Marvel "Star Wars" - comics begin again!

Started by Rico, January 18, 2015, 11:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Picked up the Star Wars #3 and Darth Vader #2 today! May the Force be With Me!

Rico

My comic shop has had several variant covers of all the recent Marvel "Star Wars" comics.  I kind of liked this Leia cover so I picked this one.  I plan on reading the first 2-3 issues of each title and probably will only continue with 2 or 3 of the books once I see what I like best.

WillEagle

I would have loved picking up a variant cover for one of these but he doesn't have any left I guess. He does however give me just about every Star Trek variant cover.

Meds

I'm really enjoying these, I'm just buying one of each issues, as much as is oud love to do a collection of several covers I simply can't afford it. Really good story and getting me in the mood for the new films

Jobydrone

I agree with Rico's comments from last weeks podcast about these comics.  Although the writers are clearly making an effort to firmly place the these events in the timeline they intend it to be, it just doesn't feel right that all this interaction with Vader is going on in between New Hope and Empire.  I am enjoying the stories and find them very entertaining, only in a "What If?" kind of way, though.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Picked up Princess Leia #2 on Friday. Had a busy weekend so haven't got to read it yet. Did go to a store called Bargain Box and picked up some very cool comics but I also seen that they had variant covers of some of the Star Wars Book. If I didn't already have the issues I would have got some but used the $$$ on comics I didn't have. Still may go back. Here are a couple of the ones they had. Obi-wan is Star Wars #3 and the Darth is Darth Vader #1. Very Cool!

WillEagle

Picked up my comics today getting #5 of the Princess Leia comic and #7 of Darth Vader. The Leia comic is the last one of a mini-series and the Vader comic starts a new storyline for the Sith Lord. I have enjoyed the Leia series and I still need to start the Vader series. Too much to read and not enough time to read it!

Rico

Still reading these but have mixed feeling about the way they are handling the main comic.  A lot of folks showing up that I don't really think should be in a comic set between ep. 4 & 5.

jedijeff

I haven't read these yet, as I am not very good at getting to the comic book store regularly between releases, so will wait until they release the trade paperback. But from what I have heard so far, not sure how I feel about it. Also I was listening to Rico's and Chris's discussion on Star Wars Stacks, and what you were saying Rico, makes me a bit less interested to read these. I can see where they want to fill in gaps in between the movies, but I always found, that the time between ANH and Empire, I never really had a strong need to fill that in.

Rico

I would still give them a try Jeff.  You might like them more than I do.  I just feel like they are trying to retcon and fit things in that don't really makes sense - at least to me.

WillEagle

I like the new regular series ok but like what you guys mentioned is the way they are meeting up characters that shouldn't yet. The biggie being [spoiler]Vader and Luke.[/spoiler]
I wish they hadn't done that.

Rico

WillEagle

I posted earlier about a meet up I didn't like but one that I did enjoy was the one between [spoiler]Luke and Boba Fett[/spoiler] that I found to be pretty good. Nice ending to issue 6 as well.
I still need to catch up with the Vader series since I have them all but not read a one yet but the will be coming out with a one shot and crossover event with the regular series in November. So I better be caught up! When I first saw the word crossover I was really hoping they didn't mean with Iron Man!
Something I am really looking forward to is the new limited series Marvel announced at SDCC CHEWBACCA!! Awesome! I am a huge Solo and Chewbacca fan so I cant wait for this. I passed on the Lando series but this will be on my pull list! Very cool variant cover and this will be coming out in October. I will post the link to the Marvel link and you can even read about the Vader crossover there. Plus the awesome covers of the Chewbacca book. The Variant is the one where he is holding the ship part.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24866/sdcc_2015_chewbacca