• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"12 Monkeys" - SyFy series

Started by Rico, November 30, 2014, 06:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This looks really good to me based on the trailer.  Starts next month on the SyFy channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNcVYqnCFw#ws

Bromptonboy

This looks interesting.  The movie was quite strange as well.  :)
Pete

Jobydrone

Is anyone planning on catching this show, premiering on 1/16?  The movie is one of my favorites of all time, directed by the GREAT Terry Gilliam and starring Bruce Willis in one of his most iconic roles and a young Brad Pitt, and an absolutely gorgeous in her prime Madeline Stowe.

I've read the show is a significant departure from the film, and does much to set itself apart from the source material.  Much of what I loved about the film is Gilliam's signature style, his visual flair, and of course it really helped being set in my hometown of Philadelphia and seeing a bizarre post apocalyptic landscape superimposed onto landmarks I know as well as the back of my hand (including the office building where I currently work!!!)  I think the series has alot of potential and it's the winter show I'm most looking forward to seeing.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Pete

davekill

One of my favorite movies too.

I hope the series does well.

Rico

Definitely will be watching.  In fact, I already started a thread about this new series.  I'll merge them.

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

The first episode I thought was great. Really moves along, I like the cast, and it's very intriguing so far. Cool show!

Bromptonboy

Pete