• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Jurassic World" - movie

Started by Rico, November 26, 2014, 01:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Rico

I'm ready....

ricdude

This is the movie my daughter's dying to see this summer (now that we've seen Avengers, anyway). Got digital/imax/xd/3d/hidef/mondo tickets for the first show for her birthday. Truly though, I can't wait either. No fancy park map, but I think one of my wife's Amber rings has a bug in it. May have to borrow it...

WillEagle

Got to see this yesterday with my wife but I went through a lot to make it happen! We went to out local theater to see San Andreas and the air conditioning wasn't working so that was a no go! Jurassic World was starting too late there plus the AC might not have been working in that theater either. So we decided to go see Jurassic in Columbus which we were going to do on Sunday. So on the way there their was such a downpour that I couldn't hardly see and there were big ole' rigs on the highway and I had a steel grip on that steering wheel! Sooo finally got through the rain and got to the theater and got our 2D tickets. Annnnnd towards the end of the movie when the big fight is going on the movie goes off and the emergency lights come on! With 10 or 15 minutes left in the movie! At the big fight scene! 45 minutes later the next showing starts up after they told us in 15 minutes they would play the end. So we asked a manager and a lot of us ended up in a theater with 3D with no 3D glasses!! Went and got some 3D glasses and ended up getting to watch about the last 45 minutes of the movie! So I got to see it all! I do not normally go for the 3D but there were some parts that were amazing with those 3D glasses! The wife and I both loved it!! Makes me want to sell my DVD's and go buy the blu-rays of the first three movies! I give this movie a very high 9!

ricdude

My daughter was all psyched to see this, as it opened on her birthday. So we spared no expense, and sprung for the 3D, XD, super surround, huge curved screen theatre showing. Worth every penny.  The 3D really enhanced the experience, and unlike most 3D showings, didn't give my wife a huge headache. Lots of scenes worked the 3D well, and it subtly enhanced the whole movie.

Overall, a vastly entertaining thrill ride of a movie. Not exactly high cinema, not entirely unpredictable, but lots of fun to watch. The soundtrack was far better than I expected, weaving in the traditional Jurassic Park motifs with the new material. The solo high piano voice rendition was particularly moving.

Vincent D'Onofrio (there, got his name right this time) does exactly what he does best, as does Chris Pratt. The character of Claire turned out to be a bit more bad ass than I expected as the story evolved. Lots of great parts, combining to make a really enjoyable movie. Now, just need to hold out for the sequels...

Rico

Yeah, it was a fun movie.  Amazing looking dinos too.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com