• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Winter 2014-15

Started by Rico, November 21, 2014, 07:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ok, I'm really not up for another winter from hell. Michigan has already had some significant snow, temperatures in the single digits, lakes freezing already, etc. I'm starting to think I really should go buy that snow blower.  It begins again!  UGH!!!   :mad2:

Bromptonboy

It could be worse - we could be in Buffalo, NY.  Have you seen how that city has been slammed already?  Massive drifts of snow.
Pete

MARKO

It got really cold here we hit lows in the upper 30's  crazy.... back to the highs 60's 70's this weekend. Boba=booey
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Rico

Now, this is how to handle being snowed in!   :cheers

Bromptonboy

That is funny - and a great idea.
Pete

Ktrek

Growing up in Wisconsin I can feel your pain and that's the reason I now live in Texas. Of course it is a trade off in that we have a greater chance of severe damaging weather but I've "weathered" through it for almost 30 years now! :)
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

turtlesrock

We had a bout of freezing rain up here in Oregon (that storm from Alaska making its way down) and it didn't melt for days. I'm confident that it's over though, time for our usual winter weather. Fifty degrees and raining.

ricdude

Here in Colorado, we've had a few days of snow so far.  I've got about 3 or 4 inches in my yard now.  Closest ski resort opens on Thanksgiving, and we'll be there on Friday.  I'll get to take my new GoPro for a spin. =)

Bromptonboy

It hit 72F here in Philadelphia yesterday - unseasonable.  Snow due around Thanksgiving.
Pete

Rico

Nice to hear from around the country. Keep those weather updates coming!

Bromptonboy

Temps starting to dip a bit again.
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on November 25, 2014, 03:34:54 AM
Nice to hear from around the country. Keep those weather updates coming!

Careful what you wish for....  ;)

Going to be 80 here on Turkey Day.  :cheering

Rico

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on November 26, 2014, 06:42:12 AM
Grill that bird!

Down here in Texas we smoke em. :) Should be nice and sunny tomorrow but only a high of 57 expected but a warming trend into the mid to high 70s by Sunday in North Texas.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bromptonboy

Few inches of snow here in the northern burbs of Philadelphia.  A White Thanksgiving.
Pete