• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Jukeboxes

Started by davekill, November 20, 2014, 05:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

Like iPods of this century, jukeboxes were found everywhere not long ago.
'Always Jukin'' is a great source of information for fans, collectors and techno geeks of these 200+ record playing mechanical monsters in fabulous '50's, '60's, and '70's design.
When names like, Rockola, Seeburg, and AMI ruled the self-serve music day.

Check-out their website for a free 50 page sample issue featuring Jukeboxes, Pinball, and Arcade machines..
www.alwaysjukin.com

:r2d2line

Rico

My cousins actually had an old jukebox similar to this in their basement filled with 45's when I was growing up.  Man, I miss those days.

Bromptonboy

I used to love using these at our local diner - they would have one of the old flip through consoles at each table.
Pete

davekill

Quote from: Bromptonboy on November 20, 2014, 09:20:30 PM
I used to love using these at our local diner - they would have one of the old flip through consoles at each table.
The author talks about those coin operated table-top selectors in the December issue. I didn't know those units activated the main jukebox like a remote controller.

Also each issue has a 'Mr. know-it-all' advice section for submitting questions and a Diary column were different restoration projects are documented as they progress.

My favorite restaurant had a jukebox near the dance floor for when there was no live music, I remember it well.
It's pretty cool to get a look at how they operate and the design histories of each model.