• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

World War III?

Started by Ktrek, September 12, 2014, 10:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

I think most people in the world know or feel that things are building up to a major crises. I saw this article today

http://www.inquisitr.com/1467926/world-war-3-russias-nuclear-weapons-fired-vladimir-putin-warns-u-s-of-more-corresponding-countermeasures/

and for the first time I really felt that a world war is a real possibility and maybe inevitable. Putin is, in my opinion, one of the most dangerous men in political power in the world. I think Obama is pretty scary as well but mostly because he has no backbone to stand up to bullies like Putin. The U.S has a disadvantage in a war against Russia because we have disarmed ourselves far more than they have. We stupidly believed that our weapons are unnecessary and now Putin is flexing his muscles telling us to our face that he's not afraid to use his against us. The Russian people are against his policies and stand by helplessly while he pushes forward to terrorize the world. American citizens are concerned because Putin may just make good on using those weapons because he's pretty sure Obama doesn't have the guts to stand up to him and push back. A strong America is a free America and like Samson in the Bible the Philistines have come into the camp and shaved off the source of our strength. It wouldn't surprise me if soon we don't have Americans chanting in the streets "We'd rather be red then dead".

So, what are your thoughts? Are you just an ostrich hiding your head in the sand thinking that if you ignore it long enough it will all blow over? Do you think there is anything citizens in the free world can do to prevent this war? Do we just have to sit by, let it all play out, and hope for the best? Can America avoid a conflict on it's own soil against Russia?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

davekill

There does appear to be an imbalance of global leadership.
Maybe the business expert will run again, he seemed to have Putin's number.
http://youtu.be/QS2a44F5TgM