• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Mobile Phone MicroCells

Started by Bromptonboy, September 12, 2014, 06:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Does anyone have any experience with these items?  I might get one for our house since coverage can be a little bit sketchy in the house - and then cut our landline:
The AT&T MicroCellâ„¢ gives you improved in-office cellular coverage up to 5,000 square feet. Connects to your existing broadband internet service (1.5 M or higher recommended) and supports up to four simultaneous users using AT&T devices. Once you've registered the MicroCell online, it's easy to add or delete up to 10 authorized users and manage device settings. The AT&T MicroCell gives you call hand-over to the strongest available AT&T cell tower signal, meaning a call you start with MicroCell coverage can continue when you leave the office. The optional Unlimited MicroCell Calling feature gives you unlimited, nationwide anytime minutes (domestic only) for incoming or outgoing calls while operating from the MicroCell.
Pete

Feathers

I still get confused by any implication of paying for incoming calls.

I've heard of these but never used one. The other aspect of the charging mechanism I don't like is the prospect of paying for mobile minutes that are then routed by the internet that I've also already paid for.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.