• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

See a recent Trek film with a live orchestra!

Started by Rico, July 17, 2014, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

How cool would this be?!?!!  I need to find a way to be in one of these cities!

http://trekmovie.com/2014/07/17/star-trek-live-screeningconcert-with-giacchino-this-wkd-in-houston-next-wkd-at-sdcc-more-cities/

This weekend composer Michael Giacchino brings his Star Trek Live performances and screenings of Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness with a full orchestra to the states, performing with the Houston Symphony. Next weekend he does it again at San Diego Comic Con and then moves on to Philadelphia at the end of the month and more cities after that. More details below.

See Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness With Giacchino and Full Orchestra

Star Trek composer Michael Giacchino has done a few performances in Europe with live orchestras performing to screenings of the 2009 Star Trek movie and Star Trek Into Darkness. His most recent Trek performance was in May at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Here is a video showing bits of that performance to give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1peRChkCFg#ws

More Cities and Dates

Giacchino and the live Star Trek concerts have a number of other cities lined up. Here is the current list.

July 31: Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Orchestra – Star Trek Into Darkness - [TICKETS]

October 17 & 18 San Antonio, TX – San Antonio Symphony – Star Trek Into Darkness [TICKETS]

January 30, 2015 – Portland, OR – Oregon Symphony – Star Trek (2009) [TICKETS]

March 21, 2015 – Toronto, Ontario Canada- Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony – Star Trek (2009) [TICKETS]

March 27, 2015 – Louisville, KY- Louisville Orchestra – Star Trek (2009) [TICKETS]

NOTE: More dates, cities may be added. TrekMovie will update closer to events

WillEagle

The closest for me would be Louisville which would be fun but probably just a little to far.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Ktrek

I might just have to drive down to San Antonio for the weekend in October. Ticket prices on the floor are only about the same price if we went to see the symphony in Dallas or Ft. Worth. I'm pretty sure I could get a long weekend off to make the trip.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine