News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

7 of 9 in TOS book

Started by Rico, April 05, 2014, 04:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I gotta read this one.

STARDATE 6122.5. A diplomatic mission to the planet Yusub erupts in violence when ruthless Orion raiders attempt to disrupt the crucial negotiations by force. Caught in the midst of a tense and dangerous situation, Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise finds an unexpected ally in the form of an enigmatic stranger who calls herself "Annika Seven."

STARDATE 53786.1. Seven of Nine is taking part in an archae­ological expedition on an obscure planetoid in the Delta Quadrant when a disastrous turn of events puts Voyager's away team in jeopardy—and transports Seven across time and space to Yusub, where she comes face-to-face with one of Starfleet's greatest legends.

Review:
http://trekcore.com/blog/2014/04/review-star-trek-tos-no-time-like-the-past/

Order:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1476749493/?tag=trekcore-20

Meds

Oh this looks interesting!!

Bryancd

Bromptonboy

Orion raiders....that must mean they have the green Orion girls with them....maybe I'll get this one..
Pete

Ktrek

As some of you may know I collect, buy and read all the Star Trek books published. I'm 3/4 done with this book and I'd say that for a TOS book it's not too bad but it's not a great read either. However, I would probably say that about most of the TOS books written. The books written for the other series are considerably better. Especially the Voyager, and DS9 relaunch novels. The TNG novels have also been mostly very good. This book is average at best. I will say that the voicing of the characters for the most part is spot on. If you like time travel stories then you might enjoy this a lot but I found the plot to be rather cookie cutter and very 1940s pulp fictionish.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine