• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Jupiter Ascending" - 2014 film

Started by Rico, March 27, 2014, 04:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Brother Vartok should be all over this.  :)
Pete

Rico

Rico

I like the first part of this interview where Lana talks about writing something original for a movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EoyUVIm5zw#ws

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

As I always say, see it yourself and decide.

Bromptonboy

I will see it - since I want to encourage new Sci Fi.  Mila has NOTHING to do with this decision..
Pete

M-5

Saw it this afternoon with my daughter and we loved it!  We had a great discussion on the way home from the theater.

Rico

Glad you liked it Mark.  I know some people aren't enjoying this movie, but I had fun watching it.

Bromptonboy

Pete

WillEagle

Me and my wife finally got to see this. I really liked it but I don't think she enjoyed like I did. Jupiter has always been my favorite planet (if you can have such a thing) and to see a current version of it on a big movie screen was totally awesome! I just thought it looked beautiful on that movie screen! And at least now I know what the big red spot is for.  ;D

This will be a must buy on blu-ray.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: WillEagle on March 09, 2015, 07:13:52 PM
Me and my wife finally got to see this. I really liked it but I don't think she enjoyed like I did. Jupiter has always been my favorite planet (if you can have such a thing) and to see a current version of it on a big movie screen was totally awesome! I just thought it looked beautiful on that movie screen! And at least now I know what the big red spot is for.  ;D

You should check out Piers Anthony's Tyrant Of Jupiter series then.  :)
Pete

WillEagle

Quote from: Bromptonboy on March 10, 2015, 03:50:32 AM
Quote from: WillEagle on March 09, 2015, 07:13:52 PM

You should check out Piers Anthony's Tyrant Of Jupiter series then.  :)

I will have to check these out.

Bromptonboy

Never got a chance to see this in the theater.  Will pay to catch in on demand with FIOS.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Just watched this (finally) last night.  It was good, but a bit confusing.  Looked like a good story line, wish they had pulled back a bit on the over the top action and concentrated more on the story line.  But I would watch a sequel.  :)
Pete

Rico

Pete you are slowly catching up on your movies.  I thought this movie was fun and deserved a wider audience.