• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Canadian Online Toy Retailers

Started by Rusted Robot, February 19, 2014, 01:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusted Robot

Hey everybody!

I'm trying to find a decent Canadian price toy website.  Something like BigBadToyStore.com, but in Canada.  I'm tired of paying duty for my toys.

Anyone know of any?

Rico

You need to talk to Jedi Jeff here on the forum.  Our resident Canadian collector.  He will surely know of several good places.

jedijeff

I hear you about the duty, sort of sucks, also shipping rates are terrible and Canada Post seems to get slower and slower with delivery.

I wish I knew some I could recommend, but it seems like what few we had have shut down over the past few years. If I order things, I usually order from Big Bad Toy Store as they can give me somewhat of an idea of what they will charge me for shipping. I got a Thor Hammer a few months back, and that thing was a killer when it came to shipping.

If you are looking for places to get things, Cons and Toy Shows are a good place, as they usually have lots of vendors. I guess as well, depending on what you are looking for, you can try networking with a few of our American friends on the forum here, as they might be able to help out. I have friends who have helped me out a few times in the past on some of the exclusives we do not get here. A friend of mine collects Sideshow figures, and he was ordering them from Sideshow, but recently he was able to find someone who sells them locally, so he was able to get them for a bit above what they sell on Sideshow, but he is saving as he does not have the duty to pay, so he is happy.

I see from your profile, you are pretty remote, so can see why you don't have a lot of options. I am going to a toy show this Sunday, so if there is something you are looking for, I could keep an eye out for it.

Rusted Robot

Thanks, that's much appreciated.  And that's pretty much what I thought.  Big bad toy store is my main go to site.  Atomic Empire is actually pretty good for shipping costs, but they do not have a lot.  We are very remote up here in Timmins.  Closest comic store is about 3 hours away, and still, not too good.  8 hour drive to Toronto.  Never been to a Con or a Toy show, but would love to.

I'm not looking for anything specific.  Always keep my eye out for Robocop and Thundercats, in addition to the usual Trek stuff.

Appreciate the info guys!

jedijeff

No Problem, wish I could have had more info for you. Had so many more online retailers a few years ago, but sadly they just all went away.

One forum I used to frequent quite a bit, but not as much anymore is www.snowtroopers.ca . It is mainly Canadian Star Wars collecting, but they also have posts to shows and the like in Canada, and a section for non Star Wars collectibles. I have been focusing more on completing my Star Wars vintage collection the past few years, so I have been spending more time on eBay and forums looking for what I need, so not as much with online retailers.

Rusted Robot

Thanks, I will check out that website.  Would love to see your vintage collection!

jedijeff

My vintage collection is growing a bit so I will take some photos at some point. I have to build some shelves for my figures, as I have run out of space with my current setup. At the toy show, I bought a Vintage Slave 1 from a friend of mine, came with the box as well, which is a bit beat up, but Canadian, so it has both english and french on it which is cool.