• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Lolani" - new Trek fan film

Started by Rico, February 09, 2014, 04:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Episode 2 from the "Star Trek: Continues" group is now up to enjoy!  Take a look at their latest fan film effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOpmIFTxkE#ws

Bryancd

I have been critical of most of these and although I enjoyed the first episode they did, I felt Vic was trying to hard to channel Shatner and it was distracting. But he has dialed it down and everyone else is upping their game. Well done!

Ktrek

A little preachy in this episode but very well done. I think they pretty well nailed the feel of TOS with set design, lighting and cinematography. The music was also very appropriate for the scenes. Vic's performance was much better this time out and I loved the guest appearance. I think if they keep this up they will surpass New Voyages in fan film storytelling.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

A thumbs up from both Bryan and Kevin - and me too!  Must be worth watching this one folks!  :)

Bromptonboy

I'll check this one out - especially since you mentioned that Erin Gray makes an appearance.
Pete

Bryancd

They really did a great job with some of the little moments if humor and banter. Really like the new Dr. McKenna and her relationship with Kirk.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on February 10, 2014, 10:47:27 AM
They really did a great job with some of the little moments if humor and banter. Really like the new Dr. McKenna and her relationship with Kirk.

Probably easy to play since Vic & Michelle are engaged in real life.

Bryancd

They just hit 85% of their marks in this collectively. Such a vast improvement over their first effort, which really struggled in the performances. Hate to say it because I like him personally, but Daniel Logan was a dud. And the guy from Myth Busters who plays Sulu need some more polish. But both guest stars were solid and Michelle was charming.

Rico

It's only their second episode and only some of them are professional actors.  But they are doing a really great job at creating the vibe of TOS.  Really enjoying these efforts.

Ktrek

Rico, do you think it was a conscious choice [spoiler]to have Hulk's Lou Ferrigno play the Orion? I mean him putting on the green paint again was kind of humorous.[/spoiler]. I also really liked Erin Grey's part. It's neat to see these fan films bring in veteran actors. Apparently they have raised enough money from fan support to produce another three episodes. I just hope it doesn't take them another whole year to release the next one.

Kevin

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

I think...

[spoiler]I think getting Lou Ferrigno probably happened for a couple reasons.  Lou does a lot of conventions and so do some of the Continues cast/crew.  I'm guessing they got talking at a con and someone had the idea.  Just a guess on my part.[/spoiler]

I'm working out an interview right now with one of the cast to learn more.

Jen

AWESOME! I want to be in a fan film! I'm definitely checking this out, especially since two of the most picky geeks I have EVER "known" have given it their approval. ;) :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast