• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Doctor Who. The Peter Capaldi Series.

Started by Meds, January 07, 2014, 06:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Good - I am struggling through episode #2.  Something to look forward to.
Pete

Rico

Hang in there Pete. For me, the first three episodes were weak, poor writing and not very imaginative or new. This fourth episode was great! It's unique, different and very we'll done. Again, just my perspective but I'm much happier now with the new season/series.

Bromptonboy

I like Peter Capaldi, so I will hang in there.  I heard in a few places that episode 2 is a bit of a stinker.
Pete

ChrisMC

Into the Dalek was just "OK", the Robin Hood one was very goofy. "Listen" was so great, a return to what many of us love about nuWho...slugs you in the gut with feels when you least expect it.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Meds

I loved Time Heist, great story and great to see the Dr enjoying his 'teams' company in the Tardis.

Rico

Last two episodes have been really good. I hope this trend continues.

ChrisMC

Yes, I think the last two have been up there. Snappy writing, great stories. Nice to see Capaldi having so much fun playing the Doctor.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Meds

Anyone see kill the moon? Wow, talk about making people make a choice. Some people have said its a pro life pro choice argument? I just thought it was great entertainment.

Bromptonboy

I have to get caught up - still a few episodes behind..  :(
Pete

Rico

I'm a bit mixed on that last episode. Seemed a bit forced and in your face on the decision they had to make. Also, the end bit between the Doctor and Clara seemed to not ring true.

Meds

Mummy on the Orient Express was stunningly good. Loved every second it, almost a classic feel to it. Kind of wish we had some two part episodes but hey still great.

Kill the moon took the Dr into a more darker direction and I can see why that can bother viewers but the first season of a new Dr is always tricky.

Rico

Meds - I didn't find that "Kill the Moon" episode especially dark or anything like that, it just seemed a bit forced in some ways. Also, I'm fine with this Doctor and Clara not getting on as well as the previous but it seems a bit jumbled and not consistent so far to me.  Anyway, just my viewpoint.

ricdude

Just started with the Capaldi season. Other than expecting him to sound like Pertwee, I'm digging it so far. He's definitely having some issues. Will be interesting to see how it resolves over time.

Meds

Rico- you know i agree with you, i sometimes feel its almost like the episides are out of order. Still enjoying it though but i hope the Dr gets more warmth in.

This weeks episode looks great fun.

Rico

I loved the last couple of minutes of the Orient Express episode when Clara changes her mind on some things.