• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Doctor Who. The Peter Capaldi Series.

Started by Meds, January 07, 2014, 06:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Rico

X

Saw this and loved it. I loved it in ways that I can't truly express.

Rico

I liked it quite a bit but I will say the overall episode didn't grab me as much as the first episodes of Smith or Tennant. Story seemed a little weak and maybe too long. Peter Capaldi seems to be a good choice but I want to see more.

Geoff G.o.B

I am afraid it was weak in all areas, and seemed to spend the whole episode apologizing for not being Matt Smith
If you can remain calm when all around you are panicking, you probably didn't understand the question

Rico

I have to say I found the second episode a bit "meh" too.  I like Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor but I'm not finding these stories very compelling or interesting so far.  No real surprises.  Still enjoying the show to a degree, but something seems to be missing - some spark or something.  I do like the moments with Clara and the Doctor.  Anyway, we will see how it goes.

Bromptonboy

I finally watched the first episode of the new season.  It was ok.  I hadn't caught up with the older episodes yet, so I didn't know who the a few of the characters were (had to look them up).
I like the new doctor, but it seemed to me he was mumbling quite a bit.  I'll keep watching.
Pete

X

I'm really enjoying the new doctor and the change in direction that they are going through. I think that it works because regeneration is having actual consequences. It isn't just a new face and some personality changes, it's the Doctor coming back after he should have been dead. It's a companion that has to deal with a Doctor who isn't having a end of life crisis and trying to be younger than he is. Capaldi carries the weight of a 2,000 year old time lord very well and I like what he's doing with it. I like how it's not just about how his companions see him, but how he sees himself and his enemies see him as well.

Rico

I'm pretty ok with Capaldi as the new Doctor. I'm just finding the scripts and stories a bit lacking so far.

ChrisMC

Really? I thought Into the Dalek was a pretty damn inventive way to do a Dalek episode.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Meds

The DALEK episode was the best new Who episode ive seen in a long time. Capaldis opening lines making her say please was brilliant.
Clara becoming more useful as well is a welcome change.
First class stuff.

Rico

Sorry guys, all I could think of was the "Fantastic Voyage" movie.  Not to mention "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and so on.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Meds

Robot of Sherwood.
Well what a fun episode, lovely tongue in cheek story and Capaldi pulling a blinder as the more impatient (and not knowing everything) Doctor. Lovely cameo (of sorts) from the second Dr Patrick Troughton (who saw it?)

I quite like these episodes and I think this was the best out of the three that have been shown.

Rico

The most recent episode "Listen" was really good and an original idea and story that I greatly enjoyed.  So far this new series/season hasn't impressed me a lot - but this episode changed that situation.  Very, very cool!